BizStore » Compelling Science Fiction Issue (10 Book Series)
List Price: N/AAuthor(s): Lawrence Buentello, Aaron Wright, Marie DesJardin, James Beamon, Robert Dawson, Michael Ryder, Tommi Virtanen, Meg Elison, Steve Rodgers, C. L. Kagmi, Karl El-Koura, Rich Larson, Dominic Teague, Ronald D. Ferguson, Jeff Walden, Rich Larson, Chris Barnham, Jamie Wahls, Ken Wharton, Joe Stech, Dustin Kennedy, Lars H. Hoffmann, Lynn Kilmore, Nathan Hillstrom, C.L. Kagmi, Pip Coen, Deborah L. Davitt, Marcus Holm, Karl K. Gallagher, Mike Reeves-McMillan, Matt Raviner, R R Angell, Michèle Laframboise, Mike Adamson, John Eckelkamp, David Bruns, Clinton Lawrence, Matt Fuchs, Benjamin C. Kinney, Michael E. Johnson, John Taloni, Amy Power Jansen, Steve Wire, Derrick Boden, Jared Oliver Adams, Hall Jameson, E E King, J.D. Popham, Larry Hodges
Our Price: $36.00
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Binding: Kindle Edition
From Book 1: Compelling Science Fiction is a magazine created by people who believe that science fiction is important. Science fiction expands the mind and drives progress through inspiration. Our goal is to find and deliver great science fiction stories that are entertaining, inspiring, and extremely well thought out. Our stories tend to lean toward what is referred to as 'hard' science fiction, in the sense that we prefer stories that are self-consistent, scientifically plausible, and technically detailed when necessary. This first issue of Compelling Science Fiction contains five excellent stories:
1. Lawrence Buentello's "Gaia's Children," an intense tale about planetary colonization.
2. Aaron Wright's "Reflection," which gives a glimpse into the life of a sentient hospital.
3. "Mean and Clean" by Marie DesJardin, a lighthearted look at a unique alien life-form.
4. "Opportunities for Lost Children" by James Beamon, an interesting take on mind transference.
5. "the Art of Failure" by Robert Dawson, an exhilarating first contact situation with a clever resolution.