BizStore » eBooks » The Homestead: The Dakota Series, Book 1
Binding: Kindle Edition
Format: Kindle eBook
Label: Good Books
Manufacturer: Good Books
Number Of Pages: 362
Publication Date: 2017-05-02
Publisher: Good Books
Release Date: 2017-05-02
Studio: Good Books
Hannah is a fifteen-year-old Amish girl who lives on her family’s farm in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. When her family, hit hard by the Great Depression, loses their farm, Hannah’s father decides it’s time for a fresh start. Destitute but inspired by grand plans and dreams of a better future west of Lancaster, he loads his family and what little they have left into their covered wagon.
They settle in North Dakota, hundreds of miles from any Amish community. But things aren’t going quite as Hannah’s father had imagined—his visions of success are shattered by the reality that his knowledge of farming in Lancaster isn’t of much use in Midwestern soil. With the fields barren and her family on the verge of starvation, independent and stubborn Hannah is forced to seek help from charismatic ranch hand Clay Jenkins and his family.
Clay is drawn to the independent, strong-willed newcomer who is unlike any girl he’s ever known. Hannah grapples with her own feelings for Clay, an English boy. Her life is more uncertain than ever. With Hannah’s help, will her family get back on their feet and prosper in North Dakota? And what will happen with Clay Jenkins?
• Hope on the Plains: The Dakota Series, Book 2
• Home Is Where the Heart Is: The Dakota Series, Book 3
• Abiding Mercy (An Amish Mercies Novel)
• Written in Love (An Amish Letters Novel)
• His Guilt: The Amish of Hart County
• The Beloved Hope Chest (An Amish Heirloom Novel Book 4)
• A Plain Leaving (The Sisters of Lancaster County Book #1)
• Christmas in Apple Ridge: Three-in-One Collection: The Sound of Sleigh Bells, The Christmas Singing, NEW! The Dawn of Christmas
• When Mercy Rains: A Novel (The Zimmerman Restoration Trilogy Book 1)
• Hester's Hunt for Home Trilogy: Three Bestselling Novels in One