BizStore » eBooks » Invisible Planets: Contemporary Chinese Science Fiction in Translation
Binding: Kindle Edition
Format: Kindle eBook
Label: Tor Books
Manufacturer: Tor Books
Number Of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2016-11-01
Publisher: Tor Books
Release Date: 2016-11-01
Studio: Tor Books
Sciencefiction readers the world over have recently become familiar with Ken Liu’sChinese translation work via TheThree-Body Problem, the bestselling and Hugo award-winning novel byacclaimed Chinese author Cixin Liu. Ken Liu has now assembled, translated, andedited an anthology of Chinese science fiction stories, the most comprehensivecollection yet available in the English language, sure to thrill and gratifyreaders developing a taste and excitement for Chinese SF.
Thethirteen stories in this collection, including two by Cixin Liu and the Hugoand Sturgeon Award-nominated “Folding Beijing” by Hao Jingfang, add up to astrong and diverse representation of Chinese SF. Some have won awards, somehave garnered serioius critical acclaim, some have been selected for Year’sBest anthologies, and some are simply Ken Liu’s personal favorites. To roundout the collection, there are several essays from Chinese scholars and authors,plus an illuminating introduction by Ken Liu. Anyone with an interest ininternational science fiction will find InvisiblePlanets an indispensable addition to their collection.
At the Publisher's request, this title is being sold without Digital Rights Management Software (DRM) applied.
• The Weight of Memories: A Tor.com Original
• The Wandering Earth: Classic Science Fiction Collection by Liu Cixin (Short Stories by Liu Cixin Book 1)
• Ball Lightning
• Death's End (Remembrance of Earth's Past)
• The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories
• The Grace of Kings (The Dandelion Dynasty)
• The Wall of Storms (The Dandelion Dynasty Book 2)
• The Dark Forest (Remembrance of Earth's Past)
• The Three-Body Problem (Remembrance of Earth's Past)
• Bridging Infinity (The Infinity Project)