BizStore » eBooks » Invisible Planets: Contemporary Chinese Science Fiction in Translation
Binding: Kindle Edition
Format: Kindle eBook
Label: Tor Books
Manufacturer: Tor Books
Number Of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2016-11-01
Publisher: Tor Books
Release Date: 2016-11-01
Studio: Tor Books
Invisible Planets, edited by multi award-winning writer Ken Liu--translator of the bestselling and Hugo Award-winning novel The Three Body Problem by acclaimed Chinese author Cixin Liu--is his second thought-provoking anthology of Chinese short speculative fiction. Invisible Planets is a groundbreaking anthology of Chinese short speculative fiction.
The thirteen stories in this collection, including two by Cixin Liu and the Hugo and Sturgeon award-nominated “Folding Beijing” by Hao Jingfang, add up to a strong and diverse representation of Chinese SF. Some have won awards, some have garnered serioius critical acclaim, some have been selected for Year’s Best anthologies, and some are simply Ken Liu’s personal favorites.
To round out the collection, there are several essays from Chinese scholars and authors, plus an illuminating introduction by Ken Liu. Anyone with an interest in international science fiction will find Invisible Planets an indispensable addition to their collection.
For more Chinese SF in translation, check out Broken Stars.
At the Publisher's request, this title is being sold without Digital Rights Management Software (DRM) applied.
• The Weight of Memories: A Tor.com Original
• Ball Lightning
• The Wandering Earth: Classic Science Fiction Collection by Liu Cixin (Short Stories by Liu Cixin Book 1)
• The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories
• Death's End (Remembrance of Earth's Past)
• The Grace of Kings (The Dandelion Dynasty)
• Taking Care of Gods (Short Stories by Liu Cixin Book 10)
• The Dark Forest (Remembrance of Earth's Past)
• The Wall of Storms (The Dandelion Dynasty Book 2)
• The Three-Body Problem (Remembrance of Earth's Past)