BizStore » eBooks » Lies We Believe About God
Binding: Kindle Edition
Brand: Atria Books
Format: Kindle eBook
Label: Atria Books
Manufacturer: Atria Books
Number Of Pages: 250
Publication Date: 2017-03-07
Publisher: Atria Books
Release Date: 2017-03-07
Studio: Atria Books
From the author of the bestselling novel The Shack and the New York Times bestsellers Cross Roads and Eve comes a compelling, conversational exploration of twenty-eight assumptions about God—assumptions that just might be keeping us from experiencing His unconditional, all-encompassing love.
In his wildly popular novels, Wm. Paul Young portrayed the Triune God in ways that challenged our thinking—sometimes upending long-held beliefs, but always centered in the eternal, all-encompassing nature of God’s love.
Now, in Wm. Paul Young’s first nonfiction book, he invites us to revisit our assumptions about God—this time using the Bible, theological discussion, and personal anecdotes. Paul encourages us to think through beliefs we’ve presumed to be true and consider whether some might actually be false.
Expounding on the compassion fans felt from the “Papa” portrayed in The Shack—now a major film starring Sam Worthington and Octavia Spencer—Paul encourages you to think anew about important issues including sin, religion, hell, politics, identity, creation, human rights, and helping us discover God’s deep and abiding love.
• Eve: A Novel
• Cross Roads
• The Shack Revisited: There Is More Going On Here than You Ever Dared to Dream
• Her Gates Will Never Be Shut: Hope, Hell, and the New Jerusalem
• Patmos: Three Days, Two Men, One Extraordinary Conversation
• The Shack
• Heretic!: An LGBTQ-Affirming, Divine Violence-Denying, Christian Universalist's Responses to Some of Evangelical Christianity's Most Pressing Concerns
• The Great Dance: The Christian Vision Revisited
• Jesus and the Undoing of Adam
• Sinners in the Hands of a Loving God: The Scandalous Truth of the Very Good News