BizStore » DVD » A French Village: Season 1
List Price: $29.98Manufacturer: MHz Networks
Our Price: $29.98
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Publisher: MHz Networks
Starring: Thierry Godard, Audrey Fleurot, Nathalie Cerda, Marie Kremer Robin Renucci
Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
Brand: MHZ NETWORKS
Feature: A FRENCH VILLAGE - This French television series tells the amazing story of a small French village that struggles under Nazi occupation during World War II.
Format: Multiple Formats
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: MHz Networks
Manufacturer: MHz Networks
Number Of Discs: 4
Number Of Items: 4
Picture Format: Anamorphic Widescreen
Publication Date: 2015-10-20
Publisher: MHz Networks
Region Code: 1
Release Date: 2015-10-20
Running Time: 600
Studio: MHz Networks
• A FRENCH VILLAGE - This French television series tells the amazing story of a small French village that struggles under Nazi occupation during World War II.
• A RIVETING TALE - Ordinary citizens become patriots, traitors, Nazi employees or activists; intrigue lies around every corner, and the slightest mistake can have fatal consequences.
• IMAGINATIVE STORYTELLING - Each season in this blockbuster drama covers a single year, starting with the Germans' arrival in June 1940, continuing through the liberation and aftermath.
• MAKES A GREAT GIFT - Any military historian, WWII buff, veteran, or lover of high drama will appreciate it.
• COMPLETE FIRST SEASON - Three 1-hour episodes on 3 DVDs. French with English subtitles. Region 1 coded.
In French with English Subtitles
The blockbuster French drama, A French Village (Un Village Francais), starring Audrey Fleurot and Thierry Godard (Spiral) chronicles the impact of World War II on a small village in central France. The German occupation changes the life of the village of Villeneuve forever, and as its residents come under the pressures of war, they make choices that are inspiring and heartbreaking. In this gripping drama, ordinary citizens become patriots, traitors, Nazi employees or activists. Beginning with the Germans arrival in June 1940, they endure five years of rationing, fighting and betrayals, and strain to keep some semblance of their existence intact. The war shatters all their lives, but a few of them, even in the shadow of destruction, reach out to find fleeting moments of connection and love.