BizStore » DVD » Yoga for Seniors with Jane Adams (2nd edition): Improve Balance, Strength & Flexibility with Gentle Senior Yoga, now with 3 complete practices.
BizStore » DVD
Yoga for Seniors with Jane Adams (2nd edition): Improve Balance, Strength & Flexibility with Gentle Senior Yoga, now with 3 complete practices.
Audience Rating: G (General Audience)
Feature: 3 complete practices to meet the varying needs and abilities of seniors
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: White Cliff Productions
Manufacturer: White Cliff Productions
Number Of Discs: 1
Number Of Items: 1
Publication Date: 2014
Publisher: White Cliff Productions
Region Code: 1
Running Time: 126
Studio: White Cliff Productions
• 3 complete practices to meet the varying needs and abilities of seniors
• Improve strength, flexibiilty, balance, range of motion, joint health and overall well-being
• Filmed in the beautiful flower gardens of the Bibler Mansion
• Emphasis is on working the muscles and joints most needed in everyday life
• Safe and effective, with easy-to-follow instructions and demonstrations
Senior bodies are not all the same! Physical abilities can vary widely from one person to another, and even from day to day. This DVD has 3 complete yoga practices to meet the varying needs of people over 70. Level 1 (26 minutes) is done all seated in a chair, and emphasizes gentle movements to improve strength, range-of-motion, joint health, and posture, and works the body as fully as possible while sitting in a chair. Level 2 (40 minutes) alternates sitting in a chair, with standing alongside and holding onto a chair for stability. Level 2 works on developing strength and flexibility evenly throughout the entire body, and includes many easy movements to improve balance and increase foot, ankle and leg strength. Level 3 (55 minutes) also alternates sitting in a chair with standing, but is an overall stronger and longer practice than level 2, with more time spent on the standing and balancing poses. Level 3 is broken down into 6 shorter segments for greater choice. The goal of this DVD is to help seniors live fuller, more independent lives. Special emphasis is placed on working the muscles and joints most needed in everyday life and to prevent falls. All 3 practices emphasize good posture, full deep breathing, and end with a short relaxation and meditation for a more alert and relaxed body and mind. Filmed in the beautiful Bibler Gardens. Designed and taught by Jane Adams, RYT 500, a yoga practitioner since 1976 who specializes in yoga for healthy ageing.
• Balance & Strength Exercises for Seniors: 9 Practices, with Traditional Exercises, and Modified Tai Chi, Yoga & Dance Based Movements.
• Gentle Yoga: 7 Beginning Yoga Practices for Mid-life (40's - 70's) including AM Energy, PM Relaxation, Improving Balance, Relief from Desk Work, Core Strength, and more.
• Tai Chi Fit: Over 50
• Chair and Standing Routines: Ageless Yoga, Vol. 1 - Great for Seniors and for People Unable to Sit on the Ground
• Chair Yoga
• Gentle Yoga for Balance, Flexibility and Mobility, Relaxation, Stretching for All Levels [DVD]
• Discover Tai Chi For Balance and Mobility (Scott Cole Wellness Series)
• Stronger Seniors® Stretch and Strength DVDs- 2 disc Chair Exercise Program- Stretching, Aerobics, Strength Training, and Balance. Improve flexibility, muscle and bone strength, circulation, heart health, and stability. Developed by Anne Pringle Burnell
• Gentle Chair Yoga with Sarah Starr
• Healing Exercise Sitting Tai Chi DVD - Basic Tai Chi Exercises To Rejuvenate, Energize and De-Stress; for Beginners, Seniors, And Those With Arthritis, Joint Pain, Back Pain and More