BizStore » Audible » How the Stock Market Works
Binding: Audible Audiobook
Format: Original recording
Label: The Great Courses
Manufacturer: The Great Courses
Publication Date: 2014-04-04
Publisher: The Great Courses
Running Time: 555
Studio: The Great Courses
This course is an introduction to the stock market and stock investing for novices and experienced investors alike. Professor DeGennaro uses simple analogies to explain the origin of stocks and other securities, as well as their relative risks. He stresses the danger of trying to beat the market by trying to pick winners, predict price trends, or otherwise find opportunities that other investors have missed. Far better, he counsels, to own a well-diversified portfolio of individual stocks or stock funds, which tend to grow as the economy grows. He offers detailed guidance on how to pursue this course.
Among the topics covered in these 18 lectures are how to open a brokerage account and choose a financial advisor; the essentials of mutual funds, including index funds, and exchange traded funds (ETFs); how to trade individual stocks, including how to use options; the relative advantages of traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, and 401(k) plans; how to minimize transaction costs and use tax laws for your benefit; the dangers of frequent trading; and the basics of corporate balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
For anyone who owns stocks or is thinking of entering the market, this course provides indispensable advice. If you entrust the management of your assets to a financial advisor, this course will give you the background you need to communicate more knowledgeably with him or her and be an informed participant in your own financial well-being.
• Advanced Investments
• The Art of Investing: Lessons from History's Greatest Traders
• Money and Banking: What Everyone Should Know
• Financial Literacy: Finding Your Way in the Financial Markets
• Stock Market Investing for Beginners
• Thinking Like an Economist: A Guide to Rational Decision Making
• Money Management Skills
• Influence: Mastering Life's Most Powerful Skill
• Investing: 6 Books in 1: Stock Market Investing, Options Trading, Penny Stocks, Forex Trading, Real Estate Investing & Rental Property Investing
• Critical Business Skills for Success