BizStore » eBooks » The Chemistry Between Us: Love, Sex, and the Science of Attraction
Binding: Kindle Edition
Format: Kindle eBook
Number Of Pages: 320
Publication Date: 2012-09-13
Release Date: 2012-09-13
How much control do we have over love? Much less than we like to think. All that mystery, all that poetry, all those complex behaviors surrounding human bonding leading to the most life-changing decisions we’ll ever make, are unconsciously driven by a few molecules in our brains.
How does love begin? How can two strangers come to the conclusion that it would not only be pleasant to share their lives, but that they must share them? How can a man say he loves his wife, yet still cheat on her? Why do others stay in relationships even after the romance fades? How is it possible to fall in love with the “wrong” person? How do people come to have a “type”?
Physical attraction, jealousy, infidelity, mother-infant bonding—all the behaviors that so often leave us befuddled—are now being teased out of the fog of mystery thanks to today’s social neuroscience. Larry Young, one of the world’s leading experts in the field, and journalist Brian Alexander explain how those findings apply to you.
Drawing on real human stories and research from labs around the world, The Chemistry Between Us is a bold attempt to create a “grand unified theory” of love. Some of the mind-blowing insights include:
Young and Alexander place their revelations into historical, political, and social contexts. In the process, they touch on everything from gay marriage to why single-mother households might not be good for society. The Chemistry Between Us offers powerful insights into love, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and family life that will prove to be enlightening, controversial, and thought provoking.
• Why Him? Why Her?: Finding Real Love By Understanding Your Personality Type
• Anatomy of Love: A Natural History of Mating, Marriage, and Why We Stray (Completely Revised and Updated with a New Introduction)
• Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic Love
• The Science of Attraction: Flirting, Sex, and How to Engineer Chemistry and Love
• Why Women Have Sex: Understanding Sexual Motivations from Adventure to Revenge (and Everything in Between)
• A General Theory of Love
• This Is Your Brain On Sex: The Science Behind the Search for Love
• The Evolution of Desire: Strategies of Human Mating
• Sex at Dawn: How We Mate, Why We Stray, and What It Means for Modern Relationships
• The Chemistry of Connection: How the Oxytocin Response Can Help You Find Trust, Intimacy, and Love