BizStore » eBooks » Lightspeed Magazine, November 2010
Binding: Kindle Edition
Format: Kindle eBook
Label: John Joseph Adams
Manufacturer: John Joseph Adams
Number Of Pages: 105
Publication Date: 2010-11-01
Publisher: John Joseph Adams
Release Date: 2010-11-01
Studio: John Joseph Adams
Lightspeed Magazine features all types of sf, from near-future, sociological soft sf, to far-future, star-spanning hard sf, and anything and everything in between.
In our lead story this month, “Standard Loneliness Package,” Charles Yu—author of the debut novel How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe—takes us to a strange future in which those who don’t want to feel pain, don’t have to: You can hire someone else to do it...whether it’s suffering through a root canal, a migraine, or the loss of a loved one.
“Faces in Revolving Souls” by Caitlín R. Kiernan depicts a future in which body modification has reached an extreme: not only can people modify their bodies, they can become a unique species entirely by incorporating attributes of other creatures into their own physiology.
In “Hwang’s Billion Brilliant Daughters” by Alice Sola Kim, poor eponymous Hwang is slipping through time, but that’s what you get when you try to use a time machine to solve your problems.
For our final story this month, we present “Ej-Es” by Nancy Kress. In it, we follow a team of medicians who provide medical relief around the galaxy. But the people of Good Fortune prove challenging to communicate with...
• Lightspeed Magazine, December 2010
• Lightspeed Magazine, June 2010
• Lightspeed Magazine, January 2011
• Lightspeed Magazine, September 2014
• Lightspeed Magazine, November 2012
• Lightspeed Magazine, December 2011
• Lightspeed Magazine, October 2010
• Lightspeed Magazine, June 2014: Women Destroy Science Fiction! Special Issue
• Lightspeed Magazine, September 2010
• Lightspeed Magazine, July 2010