BizStore » eBooks » Smooth is Fast Autocross Performance: Driver Input
Binding: Kindle Edition
Format: Kindle eBook
Number Of Pages: 50
Publication Date: 2011-12-08
Release Date: 2011-12-08
Smooth is Fast Autocross Performance a high-performance driving series providing readers a complete, one-stop source for autocross information.
Vol 3, "Driver Input" explores the role of the driver in exacting automotive high-performance. This is done by identifying best practices for inputs at the throttle, steering, braking, and gearchange controls that will promote smoothness, and thus precision and speed.
The "Smooth is Fast: Autocross Performance" series covers the nuts-and-bolts of autocross--from handling adjustments and choosing an apex, to course-walking and corner working. Further, there is an emphasis on the driving strategies that translate to all areas of high-performance driving. There is also an extensive glossary defining much of the jargon that can be a barrier for novice drivers.
By focusing on driver inputs--namely the concept of grip, and the relationship between driver inputs via the steering wheel, throttle, brakes, and gearchange--both novice and experienced racers will find value in Smooth is Fast: Autocross Performance.
• Smooth is Fast Autocross Performance: Grip
• Smooth is Fast: Autocross Categories, Classes, and Cost (Smooth is Fast Autocross Performance)
• Smooth is Fast Autocross Performance: Enabling Smooth Inputs
• Winning Autocross Techniques (Speed Secrets)
• Smooth is Fast Autocross Performance: The Course
• Smooth is Fast Autocross Performance: Daily Practice
• Smooth is Fast Autocross Performance: The Car
• Smooth is Fast Autocross Performance: The Event
• Smooth is Fast Autocross Performance: Glossary
• Autocross to Win (DG's Autocross Secrets): The art and science of developing autocross cars