BizStore » eBooks » Toxic In-Laws: Loving Strategies for Protecting Your Marriage
Binding: Kindle Edition
Format: Kindle eBook
Label: HarperCollins e-books
Manufacturer: HarperCollins e-books
Number Of Pages: 308
Publication Date: 2010-09-07
Publisher: HarperCollins e-books
Release Date: 2010-09-07
Studio: HarperCollins e-books
Susan Forward's practical and powerful book will help couples cope with terrible and toxic in–laws.
Toxic in–laws are in–laws who create genuine chaos through various assaults––aggressive or subtle––on you and your marriage. Toxic–in laws come in a wide variety of guises: "The Critics", who tell you what you're doing wrong; "The Controllers", who try to run you and your partner's life; "The Engulfers", who make incessant demands on your time; "The Masters of Chaos", who drain you and your partner with their problems; and "The Rejecters", who let you know they don't want you as part of their family.
Susan Forward draws on real–life voices and stories of both women and men struggling to free themselves from the frustrating, hurtful and infuriating relationships with their toxic in–laws. Dr. Forward offers you highly effective communication and behavioral techniques for getting through to partners who won't or can't stand up to their parents. Next, she lays out accessible and practical ways to reclaim you marriage from your in–laws. She shows you what to say, what to do and what limits to set. If you follow these strategies, you may not turn toxic in–laws into the in–laws of your dreams, but you will find some peace in your relationship with them.
• Toxic Parents: Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy and Reclaiming Your Life
• When He's Married to Mom: How to Help Mother-Enmeshed Men Open Their Hearts to True Love and Commitment
• Reluctantly Related: Secrets To Getting Along With Your Mother-in-Law or Daughter-in-law
• What Do You Want from Me?: Learning to Get Along with In-Laws
• The Narcissistic Mother-In-Law: They will never let their son leave
• Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting, or Self-Involved Parents
• Mothers Who Can't Love: A Healing Guide for Daughters
• The Mother-in-law Dance
• Silently Seduced: When Parents Make Their Children Partners
• 30 Covert Emotional Manipulation Tactics: How Manipulators Take Control In Personal Relationships