BizStore » DVD » Toy Story 2
List Price: $29.99Manufacturer: Disney*Pixar
Our Price: $15.96
You Save: $14.03 (47%)
Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
Starring: Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack, Kelsey Grammer, Don Rickles
Directed By: John Lasseter
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Audience Rating: G (General Audience)
Brand: Buena Vista Home Video
Edition: Special Edition 2010 Release
Feature: More than 250 artists, animators, and technicians were involved in the production, including 90 technical directors and nearly 60 animators.
Format: Multiple Formats
Item Dimensions: Array
Manufacturer Maximum Age: 6
Manufacturer Minimum Age: 4
Number Of Discs: 1
Number Of Items: 1
Picture Format: Widescreen
Publication Date: 2010-05-11
Region Code: 1
Release Date: 2010-05-11
Running Time: 92
• More than 250 artists, animators, and technicians were involved in the production, including 90 technical directors and nearly 60 animators.
• Eighteen different sets along with 1,200 different model packets (props, set dressing, buildings, and the like), were created for the film.
• The animators all vied for a chance to work on Jessie, the cowgirl, because 'she's so vivid, and such an incredible character."
• Director John Lasseter says he was inspired by director Frank Capra"The way his films grab your heart and your emotions" -- and said he tried to do the same with TOY STORY 2.
• Toy collector Al McWhiggin's apartment building is a 23-story 1930s art deco high-rise.
Andy heads off to cowboy camp leaving his toys to their own devices. Things shift into high gear when an obsessive toy collector named Al McWhiggin (owner of Al's Toy Barn) kidnaps Woody. At Al's apartment, Woody discovers that he is a highly valued collectible from a 1950s TV show called Woody's Roundup, and he meets the other prized toys from that show, Jessie the Cowgirl, Bullseye the Horse, and Stinky Pete the Prospector. Back at the scene of the crime, Buzz Lightyear and the other toys from Andy's room, Mr. Potato Head, Slinky Dog, Rex and Hamm spring into action to rescue their pal from winding up as a museum piece. The toys get into one predicament after another in their daring race to get Woody before Andy returns.
Bonus Features include: Director commentary, Toy Story 3 Sneak Peek: The Characters, Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: International Space Station, Paths to Pixar: Technical Artists, Studio Stories: Toy Story 2 Sleep Deprivation Lab, Pinocchio, The Movie Vanishes, Pixar's Zoetrop, Celebrating our Friend Joe Ranft