BizStore » DVD » Easy Riders, Raging Bulls
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
Format: Multiple Formats
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Shout Factory
Manufacturer: Shout Factory
Number Of Discs: 2
Number Of Items: 2
Publisher: Shout Factory
Region Code: 1
Release Date: 2004-05-11
Running Time: 119
Studio: Shout Factory
• English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
This 2-DVD set is Kenneth Bowser’s BBC-produced documentary of Peter Biskind’s controversial, best-selling book. It chronicles the evolution of a new breed of filmmaker who, in the late ’60s and ’70s, exploded old Hollywood, in the process redefining the very nature of movies. The results were edgy, impressionistic pictures—The Godfather, Easy Rider, Mean Streets, Midnight Cowboy, Rosemary’s Baby, Taxi Driver—by maverick, now-legendary directors: Scorsese, Coppola, Lucas, Altman, Polanski, Peckinpah.
In bringing the celebrated book to the screen, director Bowser employed some adventurous filmmaking of his own. Narrated by William H. Macy, Easy Riders, Raging Bulls features vintage clips of the directors who defined the movement; original interviews with such directors as Arthur Penn and John Milius, actors such as Peter Fonda and Richard Dreyfus and more.
• Over 1.5 additional hours of deleted and extended footage. • Narrated by critically acclaimed actor William H. Macy.
• Features vintage clips of Francis Ford Coppola, Martin Scorsese, Warren Beatty, George Lucas, Sam Peckinpah, Roman Polanski, and others. • Bonus disc offers "mini-docs" featuring Dennis Hopper, Richard Dreyfuss, Ellen Burstyn, Cybil Shepherd, Peter Bogdanovich, Paul Schrader, John Milius, Peter Bart and others. • Official Selection of Festival de Cannes 2003 and Deauville 2003 Festival du Cinema American.
• A Decade Under the Influence
• Easy Riders, Raging Bulls: How the Sex-Drugs-and-Rock 'N' Roll Generation Saved Hollywood
• Z Channel - A Magnificent Obsession
• The Magnificent Ambersons (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]
• More Blood, More Tracks: The Bootleg Series Vol. 14
• Paper Moon
• The Kid Stays in the Picture
• Easy Rider (Special Edition)
• Down and Dirty Pictures: Miramax, Sundance, and the Rise of Independent Film
• Midnight Cowboy (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]