BizStore » DVD » Easy Riders, Raging Bulls
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
Feature: Inspired by comments from moviemaking luminaries such as Martin Scorsese and Paul Schrader, former Premiere Magazine editor Peter Biskind set about chronicling the work of 1970s filmmakers in his 1999 book EASY RIDERS, RAGING BULLS. After the critical and commercial success of the exhaustive tome, it seemed only natural to transfer his fascinating tales to the screen, and the Trio channel duly obl
Format: Multiple Formats
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Shout Factory
Manufacturer: Shout Factory
Number Of Discs: 2
Number Of Items: 2
Publisher: Shout Factory
Region Code: 1
Release Date: 2004-05-11
Running Time: 119
Studio: Shout Factory
• Inspired by comments from moviemaking luminaries such as Martin Scorsese and Paul Schrader, former Premiere Magazine editor Peter Biskind set about chronicling the work of 1970s filmmakers in his 1999 book EASY RIDERS, RAGING BULLS. After the critical and commercial success of the exhaustive tome, it seemed only natural to transfer his fascinating tales to the screen, and the Trio channel duly obl
This 2-DVD set is Kenneth Bowser’s BBC-produced documentary of Peter Biskind’s controversial, best-selling book. It chronicles the evolution of a new breed of filmmaker who, in the late ’60s and ’70s, exploded old Hollywood, in the process redefining the very nature of movies. The results were edgy, impressionistic pictures—The Godfather, Easy Rider, Mean Streets, Midnight Cowboy, Rosemary’s Baby, Taxi Driver—by maverick, now-legendary directors: Scorsese, Coppola, Lucas, Altman, Polanski, Peckinpah.
In bringing the celebrated book to the screen, director Bowser employed some adventurous filmmaking of his own. Narrated by William H. Macy, Easy Riders, Raging Bulls features vintage clips of the directors who defined the movement; original interviews with such directors as Arthur Penn and John Milius, actors such as Peter Fonda and Richard Dreyfus and more.
• Over 1.5 additional hours of deleted and extended footage. • Narrated by critically acclaimed actor William H. Macy.
• Features vintage clips of Francis Ford Coppola, Martin Scorsese, Warren Beatty, George Lucas, Sam Peckinpah, Roman Polanski, and others. • Bonus disc offers "mini-docs" featuring Dennis Hopper, Richard Dreyfuss, Ellen Burstyn, Cybil Shepherd, Peter Bogdanovich, Paul Schrader, John Milius, Peter Bart and others. • Official Selection of Festival de Cannes 2003 and Deauville 2003 Festival du Cinema American.
• A Decade Under the Influence
• Easy Riders, Raging Bulls: How the Sex-Drugs-and-Rock 'N' Roll Generation Saved Hollywood
• Z Channel - A Magnificent Obsession
• The Kid Stays in the Picture
• Paper Moon
• Night of the Living Dead (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]
• Easy Rider (Special Edition)
• Lady Bird [Blu-ray]
• The Shape Of Water [Blu-ray]
• The Silence of the Lambs (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]