BizStore » Books » Art Of Dramatic Writing: Its Basis in the Creative Interpretation of Human Motives
Binding: Mass Market Paperback
Brand: Brand: BN Publishing
Feature: ISBN13: 9789562915861
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: BN Publishing
Manufacturer: BN Publishing
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 332
Publication Date: 2009-02-21
Publisher: BN Publishing
Studio: BN Publishing
• ISBN13: 9789562915861
• Condition: New
• Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Learn the basic techniques every successful playwright knows
Among the many "how-to" playwriting books that have appeared over the years, there have been few that attempt to analyze the mysteries of play construction. Lajos Egri's classic, The Art of Dramatic Writing, does just that, with instruction that can be applied equally well to a short story, novel, or screenplay.
Examining a play from the inside out, Egri starts with the heart of any drama: its characters. All good dramatic writing hinges on people and their relationships, which serve to move the story forward and give it life, as well as an understanding of human motives -- why people act the way that they do. Using examples from everything from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet to Henrik Ibsen's A Doll's House, Egri shows how it is essential for the author to have a basic premise -- a thesis, demonstrated in terms of human behavior -- and to develop the dramatic conflict on the basis of that behavior.
Using Egri's ABCs of premise, character, and conflict, The Art of Dramatic Writing is a direct, jargon-free approach to the problem of achieving truth in writing.
• Imagine: A Vision for Christians in the Arts
• The Intellectual Life: Its Spirit, Conditions, Methods
• Bible Basics for Catholics: A New Picture of Salvation History
• The Hollywood Standard: The Complete and Authoritative Guide to Script Format and Style (Hollywood Standard: The Complete & Authoritative Guide to)
• The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future(Or, Don 't Trust Anyone Under 30)
• Men, Women, and the Mystery of Love: Practical Insights from John Paul II’s Love and Responsibility
• Game-Changing Strategies: How to Create New Market Space in Established Industries by Breaking the Rules
• Making a Good Script Great, 3rd Ed.
• Philosophy of Nature: Course Reader
• The Opposable Mind: How Successful Leaders Win Through Integrative Thinking