BizStore » Books » Drg-Drsya-Viveka: An Inquiry Into the Nature of the Seer and the Seen
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Advaita Ashrama
Manufacturer: Advaita Ashrama
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 79
Publication Date: 1931-03-01
Publisher: Advaita Ashrama
Studio: Advaita Ashrama
A question of the utmost importance for the understanding of higher Vedanta Philosophy is that which wishes to distinguish the 'Seer' from the 'Seen'. The central theme of the book is that Brahman is realized through mystic or Yogic samahdi. After this state is attained, one can see Brahman wherever one turns one's eyes.
This title is known as a prakarana treatise of Vedanta philosophy. The special feature of this book is the detailed description of the various kinds of samadhi.
Devanagri text with English translation and notes.
• Aparokshanubhuti: Or Self-Realization of Sri Sankaracharya
• Astavakra Samhita
• The Heart of Awareness: A Translation of the Ashtavakra Gita (Shambhala Dragon Editions)
• Upadesa Sahasri: A Thousand Teachings
• Who Am I?: The Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi
• Mandukya Upanishad With Gaudapada's Karika and Shankara's Commentary
• AVADHUTA GITA
• Shankara's Crest Jewel of Discrimination