BizStore » Books » Africa Rising: Fashion, Design and Lifestyle from Africa
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2016-10-31
Release Date: 2016-10-31
African fashion and design is colorful, unconventional, fresh, elegant, and self-confident. Africa Rising showcases the work of young creatives from the continent’s vibrant metropolises.
Africa’s young, self-confident creative scene is attracting worldwide attention and its work is showing the continent in a new light. Its dynamic design and fashion, as well as the products of its other creative industries, constantly surprise with their unique combination of innovation and tradition. African design, like that of other regions, often reflects or acts as a catalyst for social and economic developments.
Interdisciplinary artists such as Die Antwoord and Xander Ferreira have made names for themselves well beyond Africa’s borders. Their work and that of their contemporaries redefines African creativity and calls stereotypes and clichés into question. Africa Rising is a compelling exploration of this scene’s talented pioneers and their outstanding projects.
• Dandy Lion: The Black Dandy and Street Style
• Fashion Tribes: Global Street Style
• Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons: Art of the In-Between
• Plant: Exploring the Botanical World
• Making Africa: A Continent of Contemporary Design
• African Designs from Traditional Sources
• Traditional African Designs (Dover Pictorial Archive)
• The Price of Illusion: A Memoir
• Muse: Mickalene Thomas: Photographs
• Habitat: The Field Guide to Decorating