BizStore » Books » Studio Olafur Eliasson: An Encyclopedia (Multilingual Edition)
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Pages: 532
Publication Date: 2016-07-01
Light, water, and wonder: Conversations with Olafur Eliasson
Famed for such show-stopping works as The Weather Project at the Tate Modern and The New York City Waterfalls, Olafur Eliasson is celebrated around the world for his public space interventions and exploration of elemental materials.
In 1995, Eliasson established Studio Olafur Eliasson in Berlin, a laboratory for spatial research and fresh dialogues between art and its surroundings. First published as a limited Collector’s Edition and now available as an updated standard edition, Studio Olafur Eliasson enables the reader to delve into all the corners and crevices of the studio’s diverse projects. The key concepts behind the works are presented alphabetically and further developed in the course of short conversations with the artist himself.
Highlights from Eliasson’s thought-provoking installations, photographs, sculptures, and architectural projects are included, with additional material focusing on the research processes that contribute towards them. Noted art historian Philip Ursprung offers an introduction to Eliasson’s celebrated practice.
Text in English, French, and German
• James Turrell: A Retrospective
• Studio Olafur Eliasson: The Kitchen
• Unspoken Spaces
• Olafur Eliasson (Contemporary Artists)
• Tate Modern Artists: Olafur Eliasson (Modern Artists Series)
• Olafur Eliasson: Reality Machines
• Take Your Time: Olafur Eliasson
• Betak: Fashion Show Revolution
• Phenomenal: California Light, Space, Surface
• Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty