BizStore » Books » LEAP (Learning English for Academic Purposes) Advanced, Listening and Speaking w/My eLab
BizStore » Book
LEAP (Learning English for Academic Purposes) Advanced, Listening and Speaking w/My eLab
Format: Student Edition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Pearson Education ESL
Manufacturer: Pearson Education ESL
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 168
Publication Date: 2013-05-24
Publisher: Pearson Education ESL
Studio: Pearson Education ESL
Learning English for Academic Purposes (LEAP) uses high-interest international content to prepare students for the English academic world.
The texts encourage students to apply critical thinking skills as they engage in academic reading and writing and listening and speaking tasks across a range of disciplines. Each strand (Reading and Writing, Listening and Speaking) follows a parallel chapter structure that builds from a warm-up activity to increasingly challenging skill-building assignments and a final speaking or written presentation that synthesizes all the skills learned.
¿ Academic vocabulary development, including two Vocabulary Build activities in every chapter, gives students ample opportunity to expand their vocabulary.
¿ Three authentic readings per chapter prepare students for the text length and genres they will encounter in academic courses.
¿ Wide range of audio presents different viewpoints to encourage students to think critically while developing comprehension of academic content.
¿ Linear and guided writing tasks take a process approach to guide students in writing various types of essays and assignments in each chapter.
¿ The LEAP Companion Website Plus provides self-graded exercises for reading, listening, vocabulary, and grammar. Also includes teacher access to answer keys, teaching notes, tests, and a gradebook to track student progress.
• Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test: The Paper Test (Student Book with Answer Key and CD-ROM)
• LEAP: Learning English for Academic Purposes, Reading and Writing 4 (Advanced) with My eLab
• College Writing 4: English for Academic Success (Bk. 4)
• Critical Reading: English for Academic Purposes
• The American Heritage Dictionary: Fifth Edition
• Final Draft Level 3 Student's Book
• Cengage Advantage Books: The American Pageant (MindTap Course List)
• Workbook for The ESL Writer's Handbook (Pitt Series In English As A Second Language)
• A Commonsense Guide to Grammar and Usage
• Focus on Grammar 5 with Essential Online Resources (5th Edition)