BizStore » Books » The Hacker Playbook 3: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Independently published
Manufacturer: Independently published
Number Of Pages: 289
Publication Date: 2018-05-02
Publisher: Independently published
Studio: Independently published
Back for the third season, The Hacker Playbook 3 (THP3) takes your offensive game to the pro tier. With a combination of new strategies, attacks, exploits, tips and tricks, you will be able to put yourself in the center of the action toward victory.
The main purpose of this book is to answer questions as to why things are still broken. For instance, with all the different security products, secure code reviews, defense in depth, and penetration testing requirements, how are we still seeing massive security breaches happening to major corporations and governments? The real question we need to ask ourselves is, are all the safeguards we are putting in place working? This is what The Hacker Playbook 3 - Red Team Edition is all about.
By now, we are all familiar with penetration testing, but what exactly is a Red Team? Red Teams simulate real-world, advanced attacks to test how well your organization's defensive teams respond if you were breached. They find the answers to questions like: Do your incident response teams have the right tools, skill sets, and people to detect and mitigate these attacks? How long would it take them to perform these tasks and is it adequate? This is where you, as a Red Teamer, come in to accurately test and validate the overall security program.
THP3 will take your offensive hacking skills, thought processes, and attack paths to the next level. This book focuses on real-world campaigns and attacks, exposing you to different initial entry points, exploitation, custom malware, persistence, and lateral movement--all without getting caught! This heavily lab-based book will include multiple Virtual Machines, testing environments, and custom THP tools.
So grab your helmet and let's go break things! For more information, visit http://thehackerplaybook.com/about/.
• Rtfm: Red Team Field Manual
• Blue Team Field Manual (BTFM) (RTFM)
• The Hacker Playbook 2: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
• The Hacker Playbook: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
• Hash Crack: Password Cracking Manual (v2.0)
• Gray Hat Hacking: The Ethical Hacker's Handbook, Fifth Edition
• Attacking Network Protocols: A Hacker's Guide to Capture, Analysis, and Exploitation
• Red Team Planner: (Black & Red)
• Cybersecurity - Attack and Defense Strategies: Infrastructure security with Red Team and Blue Team tactics
• The Web Application Hacker's Handbook: Finding and Exploiting Security Flaws