BizStore » Books » Mystery Weekly Magazine: April 2018 (Mystery Weekly Magazine Issues)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Independently published
Manufacturer: Independently published
Number Of Pages: 92
Publication Date: 2018-03-30
Publisher: Independently published
Studio: Independently published
At the cutting edge of crime fiction, Mystery Weekly Magazine presents original short stories by the world’s best-known and emerging mystery writers.
The stories we feature in our monthly issues span every imaginable subgenre, including cozy, police procedural, noir, whodunit, supernatural, hardboiled, humor, and historical mysteries. Evocative writing and a compelling story are the only certainty.
Get ready to be surprised, challenged, and entertained--whether you enjoy the style of the Golden Age of mystery (e.g., Agatha Christie, Arthur Conan Doyle), the glorious pulp digests of the early twentieth century (e.g., Dashiell Hammett, Raymond Chandler), or contemporary masters of mystery.
In this issue:
Our cover feature is “The Gunfighters” by Michael Cebula: Two gut-shot gunslingers try to solve a mystery without moving an inch, in a noir tale touched with humour.
In Gregory Cioffi’s “The Wrath Of A Writer Wronged,” an aging writer of crime fiction ends up becoming the hardboiled inspector he so often writes about.
“The Cry” by M. H. Callway presents a mysterious journey through Hiroshima's Peace Park, where a retired elderly assassin overhears a murder—or does he?
Mike Murphy’s “The Price Of Friendship” finds Ted Milner, divorced, broke, and living in a shabby motel. He learns his neighbor has struck it rich … and no one else knows. Just a few bullets could solve all of his troubles.
In David M. Hamlin’s “Smokin' Hot Cash,” an L.A. cop walks into a medical marijuana shop, where things appear to be normal and routine. They are surprisingly not.
“Kindness” by Tom Hallman Jr provides a not-so-kind story: When a stranger moves in across the street and threatens his family, a mild-mannered middle aged man must dig deep to discover what he stands for.
Laird Long brings another You-Solve-It mystery for you to attempt to solve, “Cash-Out”.
• Mystery Weekly Magazine: May 2018 (Mystery Weekly Magazine Issues)
• Mystery Weekly Magazine: March 2018 (Mystery Weekly Magazine Issues)
• Mystery Weekly Magazine: June 2018 (Mystery Weekly Magazine Issues)
• Mystery Weekly Magazine: July 2018 (Mystery Weekly Magazine Issues)
• Mystery Weekly Magazine: August 2018 (Mystery Weekly Magazine Issues)
• Mystery Weekly Magazine: January 2018 (Mystery Weekly Magazine Issues)
• Mystery Weekly Magazine: February 2018 (Mystery Weekly Magazine Issues)
• The Misadventures of Ellery Queen
• Black Cat Mystery Magazine #2
• Mystery Weekly Magazine: November 2016 (Mystery Weekly Magazine Issues)