BizStore » Books » Cryptoasset Inheritance Planning: A Simple Guide for Owners
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Merkle Bloom LLC
Manufacturer: Merkle Bloom LLC
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 150
Publication Date: 2018-05-01
Publisher: Merkle Bloom LLC
Release Date: 2018-05-01
Studio: Merkle Bloom LLC
"What happens to my bitcoin, ether, or other cryptoassets when I die?" Cryptoasset Inheritance Planning: A Simple Guide for Owners by Pamela Morgan, Esq. is a clear blueprint to inheritance planning for those holding cryptocurrency, tokens, crypto-collectibles, and other cryptoassets. Since 2015, Pamela has educated thousands of cryptocurrency owners around the world about why inheritance planning for cryptoassets matters and how to do it in a secure, usable, resilient, and efficient manner.
In this book, Pamela walks you through her successful step-by-step inheritance planning processes. These processes are designed to help you build a customized crypotasset inheritance access plan - and you don't need to be a security expert or lawyer to do it. Inside you'll also find helpful tools like checklists, templates, and worksheets to make building your plan simple and easy.
* how to write a basic access plan in two to three hours
* how to assess your risks and make your plan better
* debunking common myths and misconceptions about cryptoasset inheritance planning
* what laws you need to know about and why
* how to interview, hire, and fire a lawyer and how to keep costs down
* why smart contracts don't apply to inheritance today, but will someday
* and so much more
By the time you complete the book, your plans should: (1) allow your heirs to take possession of your cryptoassets when the time comes, but not before, (2) minimize the opportunity for others to steal cryptoassets from your loved ones, (3) provide an opportunity for your loved ones to hold the assets securely, instead of liquidating, (4) prevent fighting amongst your heirs and avoid legal problems whenever possible.
Buy this book, follow the processes, and you'll be able to confidently answer the question, "What happens to my bitcoin, ether, or other cryptoassets when I die?"
Who is this book written for? If you own any cryptocurrency or cryptoasset tokens, this book is for you. If you use an exchange to buy and sell cryptoassets, this book is for you. If you've ever asked the question, "What will happen to my bitcoin, ether, or other cryptoassets when I die?" this book is for you. If you want someone, anyone, to inherit your cryptoassets when you die, this book is for you.
Do I need to be an attorney or security expert to use this book? No. This book isn't written specifically for lawyers, security experts, or cryptographers, though they may benefit from the material.
I don't live in the USA, is this book still relevant to my inheritance planning? The entire book, with the exception of the Making it Legal, is applicable to any cryptoasset owner in any jurisdiction. The Making it Legal section cites some USA law but the principles are broadly applicable around the world.
Will this book teach me about specific cryptoasset laws in my jurisdiction? No. A book like that is called a legal treatise; they're heady and dense, even for lawyers. Instead, this book focuses on practical information you need know, like what happens to your assets if you don't have a will and why you shouldn't put your cryptographic keys in your will. You'll learn about high-level legal concepts that might affect your assets, how to find out more information about the laws in your jurisdiction, and how to keep legal costs down.
The unique challenges with cryptoasset inheritance planning are not primarily legal - they're primarily technical. With this book, you'll learn how to create a cryptoasset access plan for your heirs. Your access plan aims to answer the question, "From a practical perspective, how will my loved ones access my cryptoassets when I'm not around to help them?"
• The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking
• The Internet of Money
• Blockchain and the Law: The Rule of Code
• Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain
• Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor's Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond
• The Sovereign Individual: Mastering the Transition to the Information Age
• Nomad Capitalist: How to Reclaim Your Freedom with Offshore Bank Accounts, Dual Citizenship, Foreign Companies, and Overseas Investments
• The Internet of Money
• The Truth Machine: The Blockchain and the Future of Everything
• Mastering Ethereum: Building Smart Contracts and Dapps