BizStore » Books » Start With Sorry: A Children's Picture Book With Lessons in Empathy, Sharing, Manners & Anger Management
BizStore » Book
Start With Sorry: A Children's Picture Book With Lessons in Empathy, Sharing, Manners & Anger Management
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Literary Mango, Inc.
Manufacturer: Literary Mango, Inc.
Number Of Pages: 38
Publication Date: 2017-02-21
Publisher: Literary Mango, Inc.
Studio: Literary Mango, Inc.
Three-year-old Luna loves to spend time with her big brother, Asher, and she wants to do everything he does. But when these siblings sit down to draw pictures together, Luna is overcome with jealousy because she can't do everything he can do. When she reacts in anger, Asher is sad and doesn't want to color with her anymore. How can she make things right again? With Mommy's help, Luna learns how to deal with her emotions and make amends for hurting her brother's feelings.
Toddlers ages 3-5 will love this sweet and relatable children's picture book, whether they're familiar with sibling rivalry or are just learning to share and cooperate at daycare or preschool. Stories like this one are an excellent way to teach kids about sharing, how to apologize, and how to take responsibility for their actions in a way that's fun!
Parents and teachers will appreciate the valuable early learning lesson in compassion. Kindness and empathy for others is one of the most important social skills required to form lasting friendships in preparation for school life, making "Start With Sorry" a must-have on any bookshelf.
Reading about the facts of life is part of growing up, as values are learned not just through real-life situations, but also by reading about basic concepts in fiction. Good manners include not just saying "please" and "thank you," but also knowing how to apologize, not just with words, but with actions that demonstrate that the apology is meaningful.
Give "Start With Sorry" a try and take your child on a fun journey with Luna and Asher while building a foundation of virtues and morals that they'll need in preschool, kindergarten and beyond. It's available as paperback and hardcover books.
• Being Nice to Others: A Book about Rudeness (Growing God's Kids)
• Sharing with Others: A Book about Selfishness (Growing God's Kids)
• Cool Down and Work Through Anger (Learning to Get Along®)
• Listening with My Heart: A story of kindness and self-compassion
• Keeping Your Cool: A Book about Anger (Growing God's Kids)
• Share and Take Turns (Learning to Get Along, Book 1)
• Listening to My Body: A guide to helping kids understand the connection between their sensations (what the heck are those?) and feelings so that they can get better at figuring out what they need.
• Telling the Truth: A Book about Lying (Growing God's Kids)
• Be Polite and Kind (Learning to Get Along)
• Know and Follow Rules