BizStore » Books » Family Don't End with Blood: Cast and Fans on How Supernatural Has Changed Lives
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Smart Pop
Manufacturer: Smart Pop
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2017-05-09
Publisher: Smart Pop
Studio: Smart Pop
How a Show, and the Support of Its Fandom, Changed—and Saved—Lives
Supernatural, a three-time People’s Choice Award winner for Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show and Tumblr’s 2015 Most Reblogged “Live Action TV,” has made a name for itself by supporting and encouraging its fans to “always keep fighting,” and a memorable line from early in the show’s run, “Family don’t end with blood,” became an inspiring mantra for many who found community in the fandom.
In 25 powerful chapters written by Supernatural’s actors and fans, including series lead Jared Padalecki, plus special messages from Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, and Mark Sheppard, Family Don’t End with Blood: Cast and Fans On How Supernatural Has Changed Lives examines the far reach of the show’s impact for more than a decade. Supernatural has inspired fans to change their lives, from getting “sober for Sam” to escaping a cult to pursuing life-long dreams. But fans aren’t the only ones who have been changed. The actors who bring the show to life have also found, in the show and its community, inspiration, courage, and the strength to keep going when life seemed too hard.
Including essays and special messages from Supernatural ’s cast:
Collected and edited by Lynn S. Zubernis, a clinical psychologist, professor, and passionate Supernatural fangirl, Family Don’t End with Blood provides an insightful and often uplifting look into the way international fan communities become powerful, positive forces in the lives of so many.
In keeping with the show’s message to “always keep fighting,” a portion of the proceeds from the book will be donated to RANDOM ACTS, a nonprofit founded by Misha Collins, and AT TITUDES IN REVERSE, whose mission is to educate young people about mental health and suicide prevention.
• ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY The Ultimate Guide to Supernatural
• Supernatural Psychology: Roads Less Traveled
• Supernatural 2018 Collector's Edition Calendar
• The Mythology of Supernatural: The Signs and Symbols Behind the Popular TV Show
• Supernatural: The Men of Letters Bestiary: Winchester Family Edition
• Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
• Fangasm: Supernatural Fangirls
• Supernatural: John Winchester's Journal
• The "Supernatural" Book of Monsters, Spirits, Demons, and Ghouls
• USAopoly Supernatural Trivial Pursuit Board Game