BizStore » Books » Using Technology to Enhance Writing: Innovative Approaches to Literacy Instruction
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Solution Tree
Manufacturer: Solution Tree
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 272
Publication Date: 2014-06-26
Publisher: Solution Tree
Studio: Solution Tree
With the adoption of the Common Core State Standards, there is a renewed focus on developing writing skills and, along with it, an awareness that the new digital technologies have much to contribute in this vital area. Learn how to integrate technology into writing instruction with this handbook full of innovative ideas from an eclectic group of educators.
- Find out how digital technology can facilitate grammar instruction, prewriting and brainstorming exercises, editing, revising, peer review, assessment, and collaborative writing.
- Equip yourself with and learn how to model strategies that help students brainstorm, plan, and organize their writing.
- Discover how the natural interplay between reading and writing can be used to strengthen both of these processes.
- Capitalize on the capability students have to move their writing through multiple storage locations and technologies from school computers and smartphones to laptops and tablets.
- Explore the need for students to know why they are writing and for whom.
- Develop your students understanding of voice, and teach them how to manage deadlines and other responsibilities of authorship.
- Examine the process of not just fixing mistakes, but also understanding the root issues that drive writing errors.
- Address the issue of assessing writing in ways that lead to positive growth in writing skill.
• Using Technology to Enhance Reading: Innovative Approaches to Literacy Instruction (K 12)
• Education for Choosing Life: Proposals for Difficult Times
• Language Arts: Patterns of Practice, Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package (9th Edition)
• Character Building: A Guide for Parents and Teachers