BizStore » Books » The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Boston Common Press
Manufacturer: Boston Common Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 400
Publication Date: 2012-09-01
Publisher: Boston Common Press
Studio: Boston Common Press
Coinciding with the airing of the TV show's fifth season, The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook includes every recipe, tasting, and testing from all five seasons. With an average of 1.7 million viewers per week, Cook's Country from America's Test Kitchen, has become one of the most popular cooking shows on public television. Filmed in a renovated 1806 farmhouse with a working test kitchen, the TV show features the best of American home cooking with an emphasis on regional and heirloom fare as well as illuminating snapshots of America s culinary legacy.
Cook along with Bridget, Julia, Erin, and Chris through lively chapters including Fork-in-the-Road Favorites, As Good as Grandma's, Steakhouse Specials, and Save Room for Pie, as they share foolproof methods for making more than 200 great American recipes, such as:
Extra-Crunchy Fried Chicken: Dredging buttermilk-brined chicken in a thick flour-buttermilk mixture makes for a substantially thick crust that clings to the meat.
Whipped Potatoes: Avoid gluey mashed potatoes by steaming and then rinsing russets. After being whipped with a mixer, the potatoes are guaranteed to turn out lush and velvety.
Mile-high lemon Meringue Pie: A hot sugar syrup and cream of tartar help build a stable, tall, and fluffy meringue. For a filling with bright and tangy fresh citrus flavor, use lemon juice and lemon zest (and strain out the zest to ensure a silky, smooth filling).
The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook also includes regional and heirloom gems, such as:
Moravian Chicken Pie: Not your average chicken pot pie, this hearty double- crusted pie is packed to the brim with shredded chicken and served with a rich gravy.
Baltimore Pit beef: Move over, everyday roast beef. Baltimore is known for its pit beef, replete with a well-seasoned, charred crust and a rosy pink interior. The meat is shaved paper thin, piled onto a kaiser roll, topped with a horseradish-y mayo known as tiger sauce, and finally covered with sliced onions.
Chocolate blackout Cake: This exceptionally moist chocolate cake, made famous by Brooklyn's long-closed Ebinger's bakery, is layered and iced with a thick chocolate pudding and covered with chocolate crumbs.
For fans of Jack's taste tests and Adam's equipment segments, the book features a comprehensive 48-page shopper's guide that includes not just the ingredient and equipment winners featured on the TV show but also dozens more from America's Test Kitchen. With this colorful companion to all five seasons of Cook's Country from America's Test Kitchen, you'll have all the TV show has to offer and more.
• The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2016: Every Recipe from the Hit TV Show with Product Ratings and a Look Behind the Scenes
• The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2017: Every Recipe from the Hit TV Show with Product Ratings and a Look Behind the Scenes
• The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook : Every Recipe, Every Ingredient Testing, Every Equipment Rating from All 9 Seasons
• The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook Season 8: Every Recipe, Every Ingredient Testing, Every Equipment Rating from the Hit TV Show
• The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2015
• The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook 10th Anniversary Edition: Every Recipe and Every Review From All Ten Seasons
• Cook's Country Eats Local: 150 Regional Recipes You Should Be Making No Matter Where You Live
• Cook's Country Best Lost Suppers
• The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2018: Every Recipe From The Hit TV Show With Product Ratings and a Look Behind the Scenes
• Charleston Receipts