BizStore » Books » Hadoop in Action
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Manning Publications
Manufacturer: Manning Publications
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 325
Publication Date: 2010-12-25
Publisher: Manning Publications
Studio: Manning Publications
Hadoop in Action teaches readers how to use Hadoop and write MapReduce programs. The intended readers are programmers, architects, and project managers who have to process large amounts of data offline. Hadoop in Action will lead the reader from obtaining a copy of Hadoop to setting it up in a cluster and writing data analytic programs.
The book begins by making the basic idea of Hadoop and MapReduce easier to grasp by applying the default Hadoop installation to a few easy-to-follow tasks, such as analyzing changes in word frequency across a body of documents. The book continues through the basic concepts of MapReduce applications developed using Hadoop, including a close look at framework components, use of Hadoop for a variety of data analysis tasks, and numerous examples of Hadoop in action.
Hadoop in Action will explain how to use Hadoop and present design patterns and practices of programming MapReduce. MapReduce is a complex idea both conceptually and in its implementation, and Hadoop users are challenged to learn all the knobs and levers for running Hadoop. This book takes you beyond the mechanics of running Hadoop, teaching you to write meaningful programs in a MapReduce framework.
This book assumes the reader will have a basic familiarity with Java, as most code examples will be written in Java. Familiarity with basic statistical concepts (e.g. histogram, correlation) will help the reader appreciate the more advanced data processing examples.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
• Hadoop: The Definitive Guide: Storage and Analysis at Internet Scale
• Learning Spark: Lightning-Fast Big Data Analysis
• Hadoop in Practice: Includes 104 Techniques
• Programming Hive: Data Warehouse and Query Language for Hadoop
• Mining of Massive Datasets
• Data Science for Business: What You Need to Know about Data Mining and Data-Analytic Thinking
• Handbook of Statistical Analysis and Data Mining Applications
• Hadoop in Practice: Includes 85 Techniques
• Data Just Right: Introduction to Large-Scale Data & Analytics (Addison-Wesley Data and Analytics)
• Cutting Edge Marketing Analytics: Real World Cases and Data Sets for Hands On Learning (FT Press Analytics)