BizStore » Books » Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects (Pragmatic Programmers)
BizStore » Book
Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects (Pragmatic Programmers)
Brand: Brand: Pragmatic Bookshelf
Feature: Used Book in Good Condition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Pragmatic Bookshelf
Manufacturer: Pragmatic Bookshelf
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 210
Publication Date: 2009-08-29
Publisher: Pragmatic Bookshelf
Studio: Pragmatic Bookshelf
• Used Book in Good Condition
All of your projects and programs make up your portfolio. But how much time do you actually spend on your projects, and how much time do you spend responding to emergencies?
This book will introduce you to different ways of ordering all of the projects you are working on now, and help you figure out how to staff those projects-even when you've run out of project teams to do the work.
Once you learn to manage your portfolio better, you'll avoid emergency "firedrills". The trick is adopting lean and agile approaches to projects, whether they are software projects, projects that include hardware, or projects that depend on chunks of functionality from other suppliers.
You may be accustomed to spending time in meetings where you still don't have the data you need to evaluate your projects. Here, with a few measures, you'll be able to quickly evaluate each project and come to a decision quickly.
You'll learn how to define your team's, group's, or department's mission with none of the buzzwords that normally accompany a mission statement. Armed with the work and the mission, you can make those decisions that define the true leaders in the organization.
• The Invisible Advantage: How to Create a Culture of Innovation
• Organizational Project Portfolio Management: A Practitioner’s Guide
• Ten Types of Innovation: The Discipline of Building Breakthroughs
• Be the Business: CIOs in the New Era of IT
• Strategic Project Portfolio Management: Enabling a Productive Organization
• Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind, Third Edition
• The Standard for Portfolio Management
• Advanced Project Portfolio Management and the PMO: Multiplying ROI at Warp Speed
• Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management (Pragmatic Programmers)
• Modern Business Statistics with Microsoft Office Excel, 4th Edition