BizStore » Books » Bridges Out of Poverty: Strategies for Professionals and Communities
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: aha! Process, Inc.
Manufacturer: aha! Process, Inc.
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 293
Publication Date: 2006-06-09
Publisher: aha! Process, Inc.
Studio: aha! Process, Inc.
Bridges Out of Poverty is a unique and powerful tool designed specifically for social, health, and legal services professionals. Based in part on Dr. Ruby K. Payne's myth shattering A Framework for Understanding Poverty, Bridges reaches out to the millions of service providers and businesses whose daily work connects them with the lives of people in poverty. In a highly readable format you'll find case studies, detailed analysis, helpful charts and exercises, and specific solutions you and your organization can implement right now to: Redesign programs to better serve people you work with; Build skill sets for management to help guide employees; Upgrade training for front-line staff like receptionists, case workers, and managers; Improve treatment outcomes in health care and behavioral health care; Increase the liklihood of moving from welfare to work. If your business, agency, or organization works with people from poverty, only a deeper understanding of their challenges-and strengths-will help you partner with them to create opportunities for success.
• Bridges Out of Poverty Workbook
• A Framework for Understanding Poverty; A Cognitive Approach
• A Framework for Understanding Poverty 4th Edition
• Bridges Out of Poverty: Strategies for Professional and Communities
• What Every Church Member Should Know about Poverty
• Community as Partner: Theory and Practice in Nursing (Anderson, Community as Partner)
• Nurses and Families: A Guide to Family Assessment and Intervention
• When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself
• Pearson Nursing Diagnosis Handbook (11th Edition)
• Bridges Out of Poverty: Strategies for Professionals and Communities