BizStore » Books » Pursuit of a Parcel: An Ernest Lamb Mystery
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Dean Street Press
Manufacturer: Dean Street Press
Number Of Pages: 212
Publication Date: 2016-05-18
Publisher: Dean Street Press
Studio: Dean Street Press
The parcel was addressed in sprawling capitals to “Antony Rossiter, Esq. By hand.” There was no more address than that.
A sea-faring man brings an unassuming brown paper parcel to the offices of a distinguished law-firm. It soon plunges intelligence operative Antony Rossiter into the lethal underground of international espionage, military intelligence and murder.
An inexplicable prowler is disturbed in a modest London villa during a lull in the great raids; young Delia Merridew meets a young man in her moonlit garden; an unobserved parachutist drops to the earth of occupied Holland. Now Scotland Yard’s Inspector Ernest Lamb and Detective Frank Abbott must unearth the truth before an implacable enemy claims more than one life in this wartime mystery.
Pursuit of a Parcel was originally published in 1942. This new edition features an introduction by crime fiction historian Curtis Evans.
“When I pick up a book by Patricia Wentworth I think, now to enjoy myself—and I always do.” Mary Dell, Daily Mirror
• Who Pays the Piper?: An Ernest Lamb Mystery
• Touch and Go: A Golden Age Mystery
• The Black Cabinet: A Golden Age Mystery
• The Astonishing Adventure of Jane Smith: A Golden Age Mystery
• The Blind Side: An Ernest lamb Mystery
• Hole and Corner: A Golden Age Mystery
• Weekend with Death: A Golden Age Mystery
• In the Balance (The Miss Silver Mysteries)
• The Dower House Mystery: A Golden Age Mystery
• Fool Errant: A Benbow Smith Mystery