BizStore » Books » New Menopausal Years: Alternative Approaches for Women 30-90 (Wise Woman Herbal)
Brand: Brand: Ash Tree Publishing
Feature: Menopausal Years - Product Details Series: Wise Woman Ways Paperback: 304 pages Publisher: Ash Tree Publishing; Revised edition (April 11, 2002)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Ash Tree Publishing
Manufacturer: Ash Tree Publishing
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 280
Publication Date: 2002-04-11
Publisher: Ash Tree Publishing
Studio: Ash Tree Publishing
• Menopausal Years - Product Details Series: Wise Woman Ways Paperback: 304 pages Publisher: Ash Tree Publishing; Revised edition (April 11, 2002)
• as menopause -- hot flashes, sleeplessness, mood swings, headaches, palpitations, anxiety, depression, fatigue, and much more.
• New Menopausal Years : Language: English
• Paperback - April 11, 2002 by Susun S. Weed (Author)
• Editorial Reviews About the Author Susun S. Weed has no official diplomas of any kind; she left high school in her junior year to pursue studies in mathematics and artificial intelligence at UCLA and she left college in her junior year to pursue life. Susun began studying herbal medicine in 1965 when she was living in Manhattan while pregnant with her daughter, Justine Adelaide Swede. She wrote her first book -- Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year (now in its 29th printing)-- in 1985 and published it as the first title of Ash Tree Publishing in 1986. It was followed by Healing Wise (1989), New Menopausal Years the Wise Woman Way (1992 and revised in 2002), and Breast Cancer? Breast Health! The Wise Woman Way (1996). In addition to her writing, Ms Weed trains apprentices, oversees the work of more than 300 correspondence course students, coordinates the activities of the Wise Woman Center, and is a High Priestess of Dianic Wicca, a member of the Sisterhood of the Shields, and a Peace Elder. Susun Weed is a contributor to the Routledge International Encyclopedia of Women's Studies, peer- reviewed journals, and popular magazines, including a regular column in Sagewoman. Her worldwide teaching schedule encompasses herbal medicine, ethnobotany, pharmacognosy, psychology of healing, ecoherbalism, nutrition, and women's health issues and her venues include medical schools, hospital wellness centers, breast cancer centers, midwifery schools, naturopathic colleges, and shamanic training centers, as well as many conferences. Susun appears on many television and radio shows, including National Public Radio and NBC News.
The best book on menopause is now better. Herbal solutions for osteoporosis, hot flashes, mood swings, fatigue, flooding, fibroids, low libido, incontinence, anxiety, depression.
Completely revised with 100 new pages. All the remedies women know and trust plus hundreds of new ones. New sections on thyroid health, fibromyalgia, hairy problems, male menopause, and herbs for women taking hormones.
Recommended by Susan Love MD and Christiane Northrup MD.
One of the world's best selling books on menopause still comes on strong. Called "indispensable," "incredible," and a "treasure trove of information," Menopausal Years is the "bible" for the 87% of American women over the age of fifty who want nothing to do with hormones.
Includes information and remedies for problems with premenopause -- flooding, erratic periods, fibroids, spotting, water retention, muscle soreness -- as well as menopause -- hot flashes, sleeplessness, mood swings, headaches, palpitations, anxiety, depression, fatigue, and much more. Final chapters speak to post-menopausal women's concerns: including ways to maintain heart health, prevent and reverse osteoporosis, deal with dry vaginal tissues and incontinence, ease aching joints, and maintain healthy libido.
The soothing, wise voice of Grandmother Growth guides each woman through the book and through her own menopause metamorphosis. Ritual interludes interweaves a spiritual dimension often lacking in other works.
Includes superb resource lists for menopause information, index, glossary, directions for using (and preparing) herbal medicines, complete descriptions of the most-used menopausal herbs (including nettles, ginseng, dong quai, red clover, oatstraw, and motherwort), recipes for heart- and bone-healthy dishes, and lots of illustrations. Also available: Menopause Metamorphosis Video starring Susun S. Weed.(Susun Weed)
• Healing Wise (Wise Woman Herbal Series)
• Down There: Sexual and Reproductive Health (Wise Woman Herbal)
• Breast Cancer? Breast Health!: The Wise Woman Way (Wise Woman Herbal)
• Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year
• Herbal Healing for Women
• The Wisdom of Menopause (Revised Edition): Creating Physical and Emotional Health During the Change
• FRONTIER Linden Flowers Select Whole, 1 Pound
• Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Healing for Men: Remedies and Recipes for Circulation Support, Heart Health, Vitality, Prostate Health, Anxiety Relief, Longevity, Virility, Energy & Endurance
• Starwest Botanicals Organic American Oatstraw Herb Loose Tea Cut and Sifted, 1 Pound Bulk Bag
• Healing Magic, 10th Anniversary Edition: A Green Witch Guidebook to Conscious Living