BizStore » Books » Okinawa's Complete Karate System: Isshin Ryu
Brand: Michael Rosenbaum
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Ymaa Publication Center
Manufacturer: Ymaa Publication Center
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 142
Publication Date: 2001-03-19
Publisher: Ymaa Publication Center
Studio: Ymaa Publication Center
In the martial arts, facts are often a scarce commodity. Histories are often confused or inaccurate, lineages are muddled and murky, forms get changed and no one ever finds out why. These problems can present major obstacles along your path to the understanding and practice of your chosen art. Well, now some of that confusion can be cleared up with Okinawa's Complete Karate System: Isshin Ryu.
It's a "must have" for today's martial artist, whether you're an Isshin Ryu practitioner, Karate stylist or just interested in the origins and development of one of the most fascinating, effective, and fastest growing styles in martial arts.
While providing the context in which martial arts developed on Okinawa, Okinawa's Complete Karate System offers you a comprehensive history of Isshin Ryu as well as a thorough investigation of its founder's life and philosophy. Dealing in depth with the system's lineages, the internal and external aspects of the art, and multiple interpretations of all Isshin Ryu kata, this book is a unique, compelling and engaging experience.
Okinawa's Complete Karate System: Isshin Ryu is essential reading for all martial artists and historians.
• Essential Isshinryu
• Kata Application Notebooks: Isshinryu Karate: The Journal for Recording Kata Applications and Bunkai (Volume 1)
• Isshin Ryu - Fact or Fiction: Book One - Hands and Weapons
• Okinawan Karate: Teachers, Styles and Secret Techniques
• Introduction to The Original Isshinryu Karate System
• Karate - The Isshinryu Way: My Philosophy on the Martial Arts and Life
• Seisan Kata of Isshinryu Karate
• Martial Artists of Ryukyu: A Legacy by Motobu Choki (Ryukyu Bugei) (Volume 3)
• Isshinryu Karate Do: Its History and Philosophy
• Okinawan Te (Martial Art of Kings & Nobles) Revealed