BizStore » Books » The Art and Architecture of C.F.A. Voysey: English Pioneer Modernist Architect & Designer
BizStore » Book
The Art and Architecture of C.F.A. Voysey: English Pioneer Modernist Architect & Designer
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Images Publishing Dist Ac
Manufacturer: Images Publishing Dist Ac
MPN: 195 colour
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 206
Publication Date: 2015-06-30
Publisher: Images Publishing Dist Ac
Studio: Images Publishing Dist Ac
CFA Voysey is regarded as one of the pioneers of the Modern movement of architecture and design, and one of the most influential and important of all the 19th and early 20th century British designers. He designed over 60 houses throughout England, from small cottages and gate lodges to suburban houses and substantial country house commissions. Voysey was the 'complete designer'; he designed all manner of objects, from wallpaper to cutlery, textiles to furniture, war memorials to stained glass windows, and bookplates.
As a leading figure of the Arts and Crafts movement in Britain his fame and influence extended to the United States to the next generation of American Arts and Crafts architects and early Modernists, notably Greene & Greene, Bernard Maybeck and Frank Lloyd Wright. In Europe, fundamental aspects of Voysey's design approach were embraced by the Dutch De Stijl group; during the 1920s, and eventually also by the German Bauhaus movement.
• Sir Edwin Lutyens: The Arts & Crafts Houses
• Poetry of Place: The New Architecture and Interiors of McAlpine
• Voysey, C.F.A.
• Harrie T. Lindeberg and the American Country House
• Edwin Lutyens: Country Houses
• A Place to Call Home: Tradition, Style, and Memory in the New American House
• The New Shingled House: Ike Kligerman Barkley
• A Monograph of the Work of Mellor, Meigs, & Howe
• Inventing the New American House: Howard Van Doren Shaw, Architect
• The Great American House: Tradition for the Way We Live Now