BizStore » Books » Prayer: A spiritual classic for 40 years
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd
Manufacturer: Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd
MPN: black & white illustrations
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 120
Publication Date: 2006-11-30
Publisher: Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd
Studio: Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd
First published nearly forty years ago and having been translated into numerous languages, this classic text is written by a Benedictine monk whose Christianity was profoundly enriched by his encounter with Hindu spirituality.
Described by its author as 'a little book to help Christians in their inner renewal, and to make them increasingly attentive to the call of the Spirit', it is a simple and practical manual for learning to live each moment in the presence of God. 10 short chapters provide a lifetime's agenda and are full of gems of wisdom.
They focus on: the holy presence, the mystery of God, recognizing God in all things, listening for God's call, the prayer of silence, and contemplative reading of scripture. This deceptively simple text contains all the building blocks necessary for a mature life of prayer.
• The Essential Writings of Christian Mysticism (Modern Library Classics)
• Prayer of the Heart in Christian and Sufi Mysticism
• Learning True Love: Practicing Buddhism in a Time of War
• The Unbearable Wholeness of Being: God, Evolution, and the Power of Love
• The Cave of the Heart: The Life of Swami Abhishiktananda
• American Prophets: Seven Religious Radicals and Their Struggle for Social and Political Justice
• The Search for Common Ground (A Howard Thurman book)
• Into the Silent Land: A Guide to the Christian Practice of Contemplation
• Joy Unspeakable: Contemplative Practices of the Black Church (2nd edition)
• Swami Abhishiktananada: Essential Writings (Modern Spiritual Masters)