BizStore » Books » Prayer: A spiritual classic for 40 years
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd
Manufacturer: Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd
MPN: black & white illustrations
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 120
Publication Date: 2006-11-30
Publisher: Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd
Studio: Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd
First published nearly forty years ago and having been translated into numerous languages, this classic text is written by a Benedictine monk whose Christianity was profoundly enriched by his encounter with Hindu spirituality.
Described by its author as 'a little book to help Christians in their inner renewal, and to make them increasingly attentive to the call of the Spirit', it is a simple and practical manual for learning to live each moment in the presence of God. 10 short chapters provide a lifetime's agenda and are full of gems of wisdom.
They focus on: the holy presence, the mystery of God, recognizing God in all things, listening for God's call, the prayer of silence, and contemplative reading of scripture. This deceptively simple text contains all the building blocks necessary for a mature life of prayer.
• The Cave of the Heart: The Life of Swami Abhishiktananda
• Swami Abhishiktananada: Essential Writings (Modern Spiritual Masters)
• Into the Silent Land: A Guide to the Christian Practice of Contemplation
• The Heart of Centering Prayer: Nondual Christianity in Theory and Practice
• A New Vision of Reality: Western Science, Eastern Mysticism and Christian Faith
• Bede Griffiths: Essential Writings (Modern Spiritual Masters Series)
• Everything Belongs: The Gift of Contemplative Prayer
• The Naked Now: Learning To See As the Mystics See
• Prayer: Exploring Contemplative Prayer through Eastern and Western Spirituality
• River Of Compassion