BizStore » Books » Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome
Feature: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Manufacturer: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 240
Publication Date: 2010-06-15
Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Release Date: 2010-06-15
Studio: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
• Jessica Kingsley Publishers
*Gold Medal Winner in the Sexuality / Relationships Category of the 2011 IPPY Awards*
* Honorary Mention in the 2010 BOTYA Awards Women's Issues Category *
Girls with Asperger's Syndrome are less frequently diagnosed than boys, and even once symptoms have been recognised, help is often not readily available. The image of coping well presented by AS females of any age can often mask difficulties, deficits, challenges, and loneliness.
This is a must-have handbook written by an Aspergirl for Aspergirls, young and old. Rudy Simone guides you through every aspect of both personal and professional life, from early recollections of blame, guilt, and savant skills, to friendships, romance and marriage. Employment, career, rituals and routines are also covered, along with depression, meltdowns and being misunderstood. Including the reflections of over thirty-five women diagnosed as on the spectrum, as well as some partners and parents, Rudy identifies recurring struggles and areas where Aspergirls need validation, information and advice. As they recount their stories, anecdotes, and wisdom, she highlights how differences between males and females on the spectrum are mostly a matter of perception, rejecting negative views of Aspergirls and empowering them to lead happy and fulfilled lives.
This book will be essential reading for females of any age diagnosed with AS, and those who think they might be on the spectrum. It will also be of interest to partners and loved ones of Aspergirls, and anybody interested either professionally or academically in Asperger's Syndrome.
• Nerdy, Shy, and Socially Inappropriate: A User Guide to an Asperger Life
• 22 Things a Woman with Asperger's Syndrome Wants Her Partner to Know
• Asperger's and Girls: World-Renowned Experts Join Those with Asperger's Syndrome to Resolve Issues That Girls and Women Face Every Day!
• I am AspienWoman: The Unique Characteristics, Traits, and Gifts of Adult Females on the Autism Spectrum (AspienGirl)
• Pretending to be Normal: Living with Asperger's Syndrome (Autism Spectrum Disorder) Expanded Edition
• The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome
• I Am Aspiengirl: The Unique Characteristics, Traits and Gifts of Females on the Autism Spectrum
• Girls Growing Up on the Autism Spectrum: What Parents and Professionals Should Know About the Pre-Teen and Teenage Years
• Safety Skills for Asperger Women: How to Save a Perfectly Good Female Life
• I Think I Might Be Autistic: A Guide to Autism Spectrum Disorder Diagnosis and Self-Discovery for Adults