BizStore » Books » The Contemporary Art Book
Brand: Bonham Carter Charlotte
Feature: The Contemporary Art Book
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Carlton Books Ltd
Manufacturer: Carlton Books Ltd
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2016-11-08
Publisher: Carlton Books Ltd
Studio: Carlton Books Ltd
• The Contemporary Art Book
This accessible and beautifully produced guide explores both the rapid changes of recent years and their impact. Contemporary art was once considered inaccessible, elitist or even facile, but is now enjoyed by millions of gallery visitors every year.
The Contemporary Art Book pinpoints the key events that have contributed to this change. Ambitious redevelopments and new constructions - such as London's Tate Modern, Centre Pompidou in Paris, Museo Guggenheim Bilbao, Kiasma in Helsinki and Kunst-Werke Berlin - have led to record numbers of visitors. Art collectors have also been influential, notably Charles Saatchi, whose vigorous promotion of the Young British Artists (or YBA) brought them celebrity status.
• Contemporary Art: 200 of the World's Most Groundbreaking Artists
• Who's Afraid of Contemporary Art?
• The 21st-Century Art Book
• Art of the 20th Century
• Art Now! Vol. 4
• 100 Contemporary Artists A-Z
• Why Your Five-Year-Old Could Not Have Done That: From Slashed Canvas to Unmade Bed, Modern Art Explained
• Swiffer Sweeper Wet Mopping Cloth Refill - Open Window Fresh - 24 ct