BizStore » Books » The Contemporary Art Book
Feature: Carlton Publishing Group
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Carlton Books Ltd
Manufacturer: Carlton Books Ltd
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2016-11-08
Publisher: Carlton Books Ltd
Studio: Carlton Books Ltd
• Carlton Publishing Group
This accessible and beautifully produced guide explores both the rapid changes of recent years and their impact. Contemporary art was once considered inaccessible, elitist or even facile, but is now enjoyed by millions of gallery visitors every year.
The Contemporary Art Book pinpoints the key events that have contributed to this change. Ambitious redevelopments and new constructions - such as London's Tate Modern, Centre Pompidou in Paris, Museo Guggenheim Bilbao, Kiasma in Helsinki and Kunst-Werke Berlin - have led to record numbers of visitors. Art collectors have also been influential, notably Charles Saatchi, whose vigorous promotion of the Young British Artists (or YBA) brought them celebrity status.
• Contemporary Art: 200 of the World's Most Groundbreaking Artists
• Who's Afraid of Contemporary Art?
• The 21st-Century Art Book
• Art Now! Vol. 4
• 100 Secrets of the Art World: Everything You Always Wanted to Know from Artists, Collectors and Curators, but Were Afraid to Ask
• Ways of Looking: How to Experience Contemporary Art
• 100 Contemporary Artists A-Z
• Why Your Five-Year-Old Could Not Have Done That: From Slashed Canvas to Unmade Bed, Modern Art Explained