BizStore » Books » Why Buffy Matters: The Art of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Edition: Updated and Expanded ed.
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2005-11-05
Release Date: 2005-10-13
Rhonda Wilcox is the world's foremost authority on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, its characters, and its themes. Wilcox argues that Buffy is enduring as art by exploring its excellence in both long-term story arc construction and in producing individual episodes that are powerful on their own. She examines the larger patterns that extend through all seven seasons: the hero myth, imagery of light, naming symbolism, Buffy's relationship with Spike, sex, and redemption. Wilcox also focuses on acclaimed and noteworthy episodes, including the musical *Once More, with Feeling,* the largely silent and wordless *Hush,* and the dream episode *Restless.* She examines Buffy's literary narrative, symbolism, visual imagery, and sound. Combining great intelligence and wit, written for fans, this is the worthy companion to the show that has claimed and kept the minds and hearts of watchers worldwide.
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Philosophy: Fear and Trembling in Sunnydale (Popular Culture and Philosophy, Vol. 4)
• Fighting The Forces: What's At Stake In Buffy The Vampire Slayer?
• Sex and the Slayer: A Gender Studies Primer for the Buffy Fan
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Myth, Metaphor & Morality
• Undead TV: Essays on Buffy the Vampire Slayer
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer Encyclopedia: The Ultimate Guide to the Buffyverse
• Buffy the Vampire Slayer Adult Coloring Book
• Slayer Slang: A Buffy the Vampire Slayer Lexicon
• How to Slay the Buffy Way: Badass Buffy Attitude and Killer Advice
• Buffy Seasons 1-7: The Complete Series