BizStore » Books » Realizing the College Dream with Autism or Asperger Syndrome: A Parent's Guide to Student Success
BizStore » Book
Realizing the College Dream with Autism or Asperger Syndrome: A Parent's Guide to Student Success
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Manufacturer: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 176
Publication Date: 2005-09-26
Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Release Date: 2005-09-26
Studio: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
• Health o meter Grow with Me 2-in-1 Baby to Toddler Scale with Growth Chart Book
• Braun IRT 4020 ThermoScan Ear Thermometer
Realizing the College Dream with Autism or Asperger Syndrome is both a practical and a personal account of one ASD student's successful experience of going to college.
This accessible book focuses on how to get there and stay there: deciding to go, how to get in and how to get the most out of it. Ann Palmer advises parents and professionals how to prepare the student for the transition from school and home life to a new environment and educational challenge, and how to support them through potential problems such as academic pressure, living away from home, social integration and appropriate levels of participation in college. She offers helpful strategies that will encourage and inspire parents and students and show that college can be a suitable option for students with an autism spectrum disorder, as well as the basis for a successful independent life later.
This book is essential reading for any parent considering college as an option for their child, disability service providers in colleges and for ASD students themselves.
• The Parent's Guide to College for Students on the Autism Spectrum
• Developing College Skills in Students with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome
• Succeeding in College with Asperger Syndrome: A student guide
• A Freshman Survival Guide for College Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders: The Stuff Nobody Tells You About!
• Aquamarine Blue 5: Personal Stories of College Students with Autism
• Parties, Dorms and Social Norms: A Crash Course in Safe Living for Young Adults on the Autism Spectrum
• The K&W Guide to Colleges for Students with Learning Differences, 13th Edition: 353 Schools with Programs or Services for Students with ADHD, ASD, or Learning Disabilities (College Admissions Guides)
• The Loving Push: How Parents and Professionals Can Help Spectrum Kids Become Successful Adults
• Social Skills Picture Book for High School and Beyond
• Navigating College: A Handbook on Self Advocacy Written for Autistic Students from Autistic Adults