BizStore » Books » House & Garden 1950s House (Decades of Design)
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 224
Publication Date: 2015-08-11
Release Date: 2015-08-11
The first title in a series covering twentieth-century interiors by decade using original material from the British House & Garden's peerless archive.
The post-war consumer boom of the 1950s, coupled with a desire for new, innovative design resulted in one of the most exciting decades in the history of interiors - a visual revolution that was captured on the pages of British House & Garden.
In Fifties House, mid-century modern enthusiast Catriona Gray has drawn on the magazine's peerless archive, curating the best illustrations and photographs to show how the use of color, pattern, home-wares and furniture evolved through the decade. The homes of key taste-makers are featured including Le Corbusier, Giò Ponti, Terence Conran and Hans and Florence Knoll.
The first title in the new Decades of Design series, House & Garden Fifties House is required reading for mid-century modern enthusiasts, collectors and decorators in search of inspiration from the most influential homes of the past.
• The 1950s American Home (Shire Library USA)
• House & Garden Sixties House
• Inspiring Interiors from Armstrong 1950s
• Midcentury Christmas: Holiday Fads, Fancies, and Fun from 1945 to 1970
• Better Homes and Gardens Decorating Book: How to Plan Colors and Furnishings That Reflect the Personality of Your Family
• Case Study Houses (Basic Art Series 2.0)
• Mid-Century Modern: Interiors, Furniture, Design Details (Conran Octopus Interiors)
• Atomic Ranch Midcentury Interiors
• Fifties (1950's) Homestyle: Popular Ornament of the United States of America (USA)