BizStore » Books » Windows Server 2016 Automation with PowerShell Cookbook - Second Edition: Automate manual administrative tasks with ease
BizStore » Book
Windows Server 2016 Automation with PowerShell Cookbook - Second Edition: Automate manual administrative tasks with ease
Edition: 2nd Revised edition
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
Manufacturer: Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
Number Of Pages: 660
Publication Date: 2017-09-21
Publisher: Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
Release Date: 2017-09-21
Studio: Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
This book showcases several ways that Windows administrators can use to automate and streamline their job. You'll start with the PowerShell and Windows Server fundamentals, where you'll become well versed with PowerShell and Windows Server features.
In the next module, Core Windows Server 2016, you'll implement Nano Server, manage Windows updates, and implement troubleshooting and server inventories. You'll then move on to the Networking module, where you'll manage Windows network services and network shares.
The last module covers Azure and DSC, where you will use Azure on PowerShell and DSC to easily maintain Windows servers.
What you will learn
About the Author
Thomas Lee is a consultant/trainer/writer from England and has been in the IT business since the late 1960's. After graduating from Carnegie Mellon University, Thomas joined ComShare where he was a systems programmer building the Commander II time-sharing operating system, a forerunner of today's Cloud computing paradigm. He moved to Comshare UK in 1975 and later went to work for ICL, again developing operating systems. After a sabbatical in 1980/81, he joined Arthur Andersen Management Consultants (now known as Accenture). He left in 1988 to run his own consulting and training business, which is still active today.
Thomas holds numerous Microsoft certifications, including MCSE (one of the first in the world) and later versions, MCT (22 years), and was awarded Microsoft's MVP award 17 times. He is also a Fellow of the British Computer Society. He has written extensively for the UK trade press, including PC Pro.
Today, Thomas writes and talks mainly on PowerShell and Azure. He currently works for a number of clients to deliver training and to build training courses. Having traveled the world, he entered semi-retirement in 2016 and is spending more time at his cottage in the English countryside, along with his wife, Susan, and their daughter, Rebecca. He continues to give back to the community and spends a lot of time as group administrator for the PowerShell forum on Spiceworks, where he is also a Moderator.
Table of Contents
• Mastering Active Directory: Understand the Core Functionalities of Active Directory Services Using Microsoft Server 2016 and PowerShell
• Windows Server 2016 Administration Fundamentals: Deploy, set up, and deliver network services with Windows Server while preparing for the MTA 98-365 exam and pass it with ease
• Windows Server 2016 Inside Out (includes Current Book Service)
• Group Policy: Fundamentals, Security, and the Managed Desktop
• Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches
• Mastering Windows PowerShell Scripting - Second Edition: One-stop guide to automating administrative tasks
• Windows Server 2016: The Administrator's Reference
• Learn PowerShell Scripting in a Month of Lunches
• Windows PowerShell Cookbook: The Complete Guide to Scripting Microsoft's Command Shell
• Troubleshooting with the Windows Sysinternals Tools (2nd Edition)