BizStore » Books » Inventing the Future (revised and updated edition): Postcapitalism and a World Without Work
BizStore » Book
Inventing the Future (revised and updated edition): Postcapitalism and a World Without Work
Edition: Revised, Updated
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 272
Publication Date: 2016-10-25
Release Date: 2016-10-25
A major new manifesto for the end of capitalism
Neoliberalism isn’t working. Austerity is forcing millions into poverty and many more into precarious work, while the left remains trapped in stagnant political practices that offer no respite.
Inventing the Future is a bold new manifesto for life after capitalism. Against the confused understanding of our high-tech world by both the right and the left, this book claims that the emancipatory and future-oriented possibilities of our society can be reclaimed. Instead of running from a complex future, Nick Srnicek and Alex Williams demand a postcapitalist economy capable of advancing standards, liberating humanity from work and developing technologies that expand our freedoms.
This new edition includes a new chapter where they respond to their various critics.
• Platform Capitalism (Theory Redux)
• Four Futures: Life After Capitalism (Jacobin)
• Capitalist Realism: Is There No Alternative?
• Postcapitalism: A Guide to Our Future
• Xenofeminism (Theory Redux)
• K-punk: The Collected and Unpublished Writings of Mark Fisher
• The Problem with Work: Feminism, Marxism, Antiwork Politics, and Postwork Imaginaries (a John Hope Franklin Center Book)
• #Accelerate: The Accelerationist Reader
• The Stack: On Software and Sovereignty (Software Studies)
• The Weird and the Eerie