BizStore » Books » The World Atlas of Tea: From the Leaf to the Cup, the World's Teas Explored and Enjoyed
BizStore » Book
The World Atlas of Tea: From the Leaf to the Cup, the World's Teas Explored and Enjoyed
Brand: Firefly Books
Feature: Firefly Books
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Firefly Books
Manufacturer: Firefly Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 240
Publication Date: 2016-09-27
Publisher: Firefly Books
Studio: Firefly Books
• Firefly Books
The United States is the fourth largest global consumer of tea, with Canada following right behind. Black tea is the most popular but green tea sales are growing rapidly -- more than 60 percent in ten years -- driven by its proven health benefits. Specialty tea outlets are expected to double to nearly 8,000 by 2018 and an additional 40,000 coffee retailers are expected to generate more than 30 percent of their beverage sales from tea.
The World Atlas of Tea covers tea from the ground up, including why the soil in China makes different tea than the soil in India. Tea mixologist Krisi Smith explains what a tea drinker needs to know to appreciate teas of all descriptions. She follows tea from the plantation to harvesting and processing to how to make the perfect cup. The book is illustrated throughout with beautiful color photographs taken in the field.
The contents are:
In this last section, the country profiles open with an introduction that describes the country's tea-growing history alongside a map showing the tea regions. Each area is described as to name, amount of tea produced, tea type, climate, location, and major plantations. Another spread sets out the specific teas grown in that country and describes their production, growing conditions, grade, processing methods, and taste profiles.
The world of tea is here to stay. New varieties will be introduced, new health benefits will be proven, and tea sales will continue to grow. The World Atlas of Tea is an exceptional gift choice and specialty selection for this new world.
• The World Atlas of Coffee: From Beans to Brewing -- Coffees Explored, Explained and Enjoyed
• Tea: History, Terroirs, Varieties
• The Tea Book: Experience the World s Finest Teas, Qualities, Infusions, Rituals, Recipes
• The Tea Book: All Things Tea
• The Art and Craft of Tea: An Enthusiast's Guide to Selecting, Brewing, and Serving Exquisite Tea
• Mastering Cheese: Lessons for Connoisseurship from a Maître Fromager
• Jane Pettigrew's World of Tea: Discovering Producing Regions and their Teas
• Tea Sommelier: A Step-by-Step Guide
• The Story of Tea: A Cultural History and Drinking Guide
• Modern Tea: A Fresh Look at an Ancient Beverage