BizStore » Books » 5-Minute Sketching -- People: Super-quick Techniques for Amazing Drawings
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Firefly Books
Manufacturer: Firefly Books
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 128
Publication Date: 2016-10-04
Publisher: Firefly Books
Studio: Firefly Books
Sketching has become an extremely popular pastime. For example, on YouTube, "Tips to Draw Better in 6 Minutes" has 1.7 million views, and "How to Draw Better in 2 Minutes", has 2 million views. Every day, the website @Sketch_Dailies tweets an "inspiration" to 45,000 followers who can upload their work for juried selection. Why the rage? Simply put, drawing is a fun, meaningful and inexpensive way to spend precious time. It's a renaissance of paper and pencil, an escape from digital overload.
5-Minute Sketching -- People can help artists of all abilities to nurture their creativity and to develop skills and speed. Each spread features six expert tips and ideas. Examples of amazing 5-minute sketches inspire readers who are short on time or short on ideas, showing how easy it is to make drawing a part of everyday life. There are tips on how to focus on the key elements of a scene, how to capture faces and features quickly, how a variety of techniques can help to create mood and movement.
Here is some of what the book's four sections cover:
Sketching has gone global. The Urban Sketchers community has 62 chapters around the world plus 42,000 members on Facebook and 8,200 Twitter followers. The actual number is surely higher. 5-Minute Sketching -- People is an ideal introduction to a rewarding pastime and a source of inspiration for new, experienced and lapsed sketchers alike.
• 5-Minute Sketching -- Landscapes: Super-quick Techniques for Amazing Drawings
• 5-Minute Sketching - Architecture: Super-quick Techniques for Amazing Drawings
• Sketching People: An Urban Sketcher’s Manual to Drawing Figures and Faces
• 5-Minute Sketching -- Animals and Pets: Super-quick Techniques for Amazing Drawings
• Sketch Now, Think Later: Jump into Urban Sketching with Limited Time, Tools, and Techniques
• Dare to Sketch: A Guide to Drawing on the Go
• Artist's Sketchbook: Exercises and Techniques for Sketching on the Spot
• Learn to Paint People Quickly (Learn Quickly)
• The Urban Sketcher: Techniques for Seeing and Drawing on Location
• Urban Watercolor Sketching: A Guide to Drawing, Painting, and Storytelling in Color