BizStore » Books » The Gifted Kids Workbook: Mindfulness Skills to Help Children Reduce Stress, Balance Emotions, and Build Confidence
BizStore » Book
The Gifted Kids Workbook: Mindfulness Skills to Help Children Reduce Stress, Balance Emotions, and Build Confidence
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Instant Help
Manufacturer: Instant Help
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 176
Publication Date: 2018-08-01
Publisher: Instant Help
Release Date: 2018-08-01
Studio: Instant Help
Help your gifted child embrace their uniqueness. In this workbook, a therapist offers fun activities and strategies to help children ages 7 to 12 boost self-confidence, reduce stress and overwhelm, and balance emotions.
As a parent, you understand the blessings and the challenges of raising a gifted child more than anyone. Although gifted kids are often seen as intellectually and academically privileged, those same gifts can also create challenges. For example, kids are often quite aware of their differences, and this awareness can negatively impact their sense of self and confidence in the world. This engaging workbook directly addresses the psychological needs of gifted children using a powerful combination of mindfulness, acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), and self-compassion strategies.
With this workbook, your child will gain a better understanding of their unique gifts and learn essential strategies to help regulate their emotions, manage anxiety, improve mood, and navigate social relationships. Young readers will learn that they are not alone in their experiences, and that much of what others might consider to be different or strange about them is actually quite typical within the context of giftedness.
For children, feeling different from others can be difficult. With this workbook, your child will learn that they have an important place in the world, and that their gifts are something to celebrate.
• Emotional Intensity in Gifted Students: Helping Kids Cope with Explosive Feelings
• The Survival Guide for Gifted Kids: For Ages 10 & Under
• 101 Success Secrets for Gifted Kids: The Ultimate Handbook
• Living With Intensity: Understanding the Sensitivity, Excitability, and the Emotional Development of Gifted Children, Adolescents, and Adults
• Differently Wired: Raising an Exceptional Child in a Conventional World
• What to Do When Good Enough Isn't Good Enough: The Real Deal on Perfectionism: A Guide for Kids
• I'm Not Just Gifted: Social-Emotional Curriculum for Guiding Gifted Children
• Why Smart Kids Worry: And What Parents Can Do to Help
• Boost: 12 Effective Ways to Lift Up Our Twice-Exceptional Children (Perspectives) (Volume 11)