BizStore » Books » Angling Days: A Fly Fisher’s Journals
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Skyhorse Publishing
Manufacturer: Skyhorse Publishing
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 224
Publication Date: 2016-06-28
Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing
Studio: Skyhorse Publishing
From the very first, it seems, fishing was a respite and a therapy along with all of its other potentially redemptive qualities.” Robert DeMott
Spanning more than forty-five years, Angling Days is a collection of Robert DeMott’s numerous journal entries, each a small essay in itself, jotted down during the placid moments of fishing in and along the streams and rivers of North America. Through his journaling, DeMott carries on the angling tradition of channeling the tranquility of fly fishing into creative endeavors, whether by painting, sketching, fly tying, or writing. For him, it was writingsomething he did whenever he could, whether in the midst of fishing or during a break away from the water.
Angling Days is a lifetime of work, a chronicle of what it is to be an angler seeking the most pristine waters and the smartest fish. It is a collection of entries and musings in the vein of DeMott’s literary hero, Henry David Thoreau, and promises to shine a new light on the art and joy of fly fishing.
For me, rod and pen seem to complete each other in a kind of call-and-response way. One demands a response from the other, and in that way rod and pen complete each other.” Robert DeMott
Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for fishermen. Our books for anglers include titles that focus on fly fishing, bait fishing, fly-casting, spin casting, deep sea fishing, and surf fishing. Our books offer both practical advice on tackle, techniques, knots, and more, as well as lyrical prose on fishing for bass, trout, salmon, crappie, baitfish, catfish, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.
• Fish Won't Let Me Sleep: The Obsessions of a Lifetime Flyfisherman
• A Fly Rod of Your Own (John Gierach's Fly-fishing Library)
• Fish On, Fish Off
• Body of Water: A Sage, a Seeker, and the World's Most Elusive Fish
• A Field Guide to Murder & Fly Fishing: Stories
• The Confluence: Fly-fishing & Friendship in the Dartmouth College Grant
• The Imperiled Cutthroat: Tracing the Fate of Yellowstone's Native Trout
• The Simple Beauty of the Unexpected: A Natural Philosopher's Quest for Trout and the Meaning of Everything
• A Really Big Lunch: Meditations on Food and Life from the Roving Gourmand
• The Spirituality of Fly Fishing: An Introduction