BizStore » Books » Choosing Real: An Invitation to Celebrate When Life Doesn't Go as Planned
Brand: Barbour Publishing Company
Feature: Shiloh Run Press
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Shiloh Run Press
Manufacturer: Shiloh Run Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 224
Publication Date: 2016-12-01
Publisher: Shiloh Run Press
Studio: Shiloh Run Press
• Shiloh Run Press
Are you ready to release your control of needing to be everything for everyone?
In Choosing REAL, author Bekah Pogue walks with us into life’s unplanned circumstances--specifically frantic schedules, pain, transition, feelings of unworthiness, loneliness, and tension--and reminds us it is in these.very.moments where God invites us to notice, respond, and even celebrate an authentic relationship with Him through every.little.detail despite our own efforts or work. The result? A connection between real life and faith so that they are one and the same.
When we enjoy God's company first--the heavenly Creator will transform our minds to view our schedules, work, relationships, parenting, and responsibilities as opportunities to dance in life's storms and honor how beautiful simple can be. Better than our ideal party, it is He who is inviting us, setting the table, breathing peace and freedom into details we aren’t in control of. When we recognize how He surprises us by using our greatest pains and detours to draw us to a beautiful dependence on Him--freedom and peace replace control and worry.
Put aside what-could-be and instead embrace what is? The invitation is yours. . .choose Real today.
• Wait and See: Finding Peace in God's Pauses and Plans
• No More Faking Fine: Ending the Pretending
• When God Says Wait: navigating life’s detours and delays without losing your faith, your friends, or your mind
• We Stood Upon Stars: Finding God in Lost Places
• Loving My Actual Life: An Experiment in Relishing What's Right in Front of Me
• Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely
• Twenty-Two: Letters to a Young Woman Searching for Meaning
• Wild and Free: A Hope-Filled Anthem for the Woman Who Feels She is Both Too Much and Never Enough
• Still Waiting: Hope for When God Doesn’t Give You What You Want
• You Are Free: Be Who You Already Are