BizStore » Books » How to Be Happy at Work: The Power of Purpose, Hope, and Friendship
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Harvard Business Review Press
Manufacturer: Harvard Business Review Press
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 272
Publication Date: 2017-09-05
Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press
Release Date: 2017-09-05
Studio: Harvard Business Review Press
Life’s too short to be unhappy at work
“I’m working harder than I ever have, and I don't know if it’s worth it anymore.” If you’re a manager or leader, these words have probably run through your mind. So many of us are feeling fed up, burned out, and unhappy at work: the constant pressure and stress, the unending changes, the politics―people feel as though they can't give much more, and performance is suffering.
But it’s work, after all, right? Should we even expect to be fulfilled and happy at work?
Yes, we should, says Annie McKee, coauthor of the bestselling Primal Leadership. In her new transformative book, she makes the most compelling case yet that happiness―and the full engagement that comes with it―is more important than ever in today’s workplace, and she sheds new light on the powerful relationship of happiness to individual, team, and organizational success.
Based on extensive research and decades of experience with leaders, this book reveals that people must have three essential elements in order to be happy at work:
With vivid and moving real-life stories, the book shows how leaders can use these powerful pillars to create and sustain happiness even when they’re under pressure. By emphasizing purpose, hope, and friendships they can also ensure a healthy, positive climate for their teams and throughout the organization.
How to Be Happy at Work deepens our understanding of what it means to be truly fulfilled and effective at work and provides clear, practical advice and instruction for how to get there―no matter what job you have.
• Creating Great Choices: A Leader's Guide to Integrative Thinking
• Primal Leadership, With a New Preface by the Authors: Unleashing the Power of Emotional Intelligence
• Struggle Well, Live Well: 60 Ways to Navigate Life's Good, Bad, and In-Between
• The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact
• Wake Up!: A Handbook to Living in the Here and Now_54 Playful Strategies to Help You Snap Out of Autopilot
• Big Potential: How Transforming the Pursuit of Success Raises Our Achievement, Happiness, and Well-Being
• The Code of Trust: An American Counterintelligence Expert's Five Rules to Lead and Succeed
• Altered Traits: Science Reveals How Meditation Changes Your Mind, Brain, and Body
• Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team
• Lagom: The Swedish Art of Balanced Living