BizStore » Books » How to Be Happy at Work: The Power of Purpose, Hope, and Friendship
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Harvard Business Review Press
Manufacturer: Harvard Business Review Press
Number Of Pages: 208
Publication Date: 2017-09-05
Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press
Release Date: 2017-09-05
Studio: Harvard Business Review Press
Life’s too short to be unhappy at work
“I’m working harder than I ever have, and I don't know if it’s worth it anymore.” If you’re a manager or leader, these words have probably run through your mind. So many of us are feeling fed up, burned out, and unhappy at work: the constant pressure and stress, the unending changes, the politics―people feel as though they can't give much more, and performance is suffering.
But it’s work, after all, right? Should we even expect to be fulfilled and happy at work?
Yes, we should, says Annie McKee, coauthor of the bestselling Primal Leadership. In her new transformative book, she makes the most compelling case yet that happiness―and the full engagement that comes with it―is more important than ever in today’s workplace, and she sheds new light on the powerful relationship of happiness to individual, team, and organizational success.
Based on extensive research and decades of experience with leaders, this book reveals that people must have three essential elements in order to be happy at work:
With vivid and moving real-life stories, the book shows how leaders can use these powerful pillars to create and sustain happiness even when they’re under pressure. By emphasizing purpose, hope, and friendships they can also ensure a healthy, positive climate for their teams and throughout the organization.
How to Be Happy at Work deepens our understanding of what it means to be truly fulfilled and effective at work and provides clear, practical advice and instruction for how to get there―no matter what job you have.
• Altered Traits: Science Reveals How Meditation Changes Your Mind, Brain, and Body
• Primal Leadership, With a New Preface by the Authors: Unleashing the Power of Emotional Intelligence
• Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity
• Time, Talent, Energy: Overcome Organizational Drag and Unleash Your Team’s Productive Power
• Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well
• Real Happiness at Work: Meditations for Accomplishment, Achievement, and Peace
• The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else In Business
• The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever
• Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy
• Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential