BizStore » Books » Samaris (Obscure Cities)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: IDW Publishing
Manufacturer: IDW Publishing
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 96
Publication Date: 2017-10-03
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Release Date: 2017-10-03
Studio: IDW Publishing
Against the urging of his friends and his lover, Franz, a young officer in the Xhystos government, is sent on a mission to the remote and elusive city of Samaris to investigate the disappearance of several of his colleagues.
After weeks of travel, Franz reaches Samaris, to find a practically deserted city of enveloping and deceptive architecture. He is immediately bewitched by a mysterious young woman, drawing the suspicion of the other residents. Can Franz escape the impending doom of this sprawling metropolis?
The first in the Obscure Cities series, The Great Walls of Samaris was originally published in Europe in 1983 and in the US in 1987 by NBM. The story has been slightly altered to include characters who appear later in the canon, and reveal Peeters' Kafkaesque storytelling prowess. Schuiten’s art in this edition has been reworked to be much truer to the originally intended color palette, and includes 32 additional pages of early Obscure Cities stories, comprising the Mysteries of Pâhry, never before published in English.
• The Theory of the Grain of Sand (Obscure Cities)
• The Leaning Girl (Obscure Cities)
• Flight of the Raven
• Moebius Library: The Art of Edena
• Fog Over Tolbiac Bridge: A Nestor Burma Mystery
• The Green Hand and Other Stories
• Moebius Library: Inside Moebius Part 1
• Moebius Library: The World of Edena
• Moebius Library: Inside Moebius Part 2
• Corto Maltese: Fable of Venice