BizStore » Books » Dare to Serve: How to Drive Superior Results by Serving Others
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
Manufacturer: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 192
Publication Date: 2015-03-16
Publisher: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
Release Date: 2015-03-16
Studio: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
Cheryl Bachelder joined an ailing restaurant chain and turned it into the darling of the industry—by daring to serve the people in her organization well.
When Bachelder was named CEO of Popeyes in the fall of 2007, guest visits had been declining for years, restaurant sales and profit trends were negative, and the company stock price had dropped from $34 in 2002 to $13. The brand was stagnant, and relations between the company and its franchise owners were strained.
By 2014, average restaurant sales were up 25 percent, and profits were up 40 percent. Popeyes' market share had grown from 14 percent to 21 percent, and the stock price was over $40. The franchisees were so pleased with the turnaround that they began reinvesting in the brand, rapidly remodeling restaurants, and building new units around the world.
The difference maker, Bachelder says, was a conscious decision to lead in a new way. She and her team created a workplace where people were treated with respect and dignity yet challenged to perform at the highest level. Silos and self were set aside in favor of collaboration and team play. And the results were measured with rigor and discipline. Servant leadership is sometimes derided as soft or ineffective, but this book shows that it's actually challenging and tough minded—a daring path. Bachelder takes you firsthand through the transformation of Popeyes and shows how a leader at any level can become a Dare-to-Serve leader.
• Running for My Life: My Journey in the Game of Football and Beyond
• EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches
• No Limits: Blow the CAP Off Your Capacity
• Servant Leadership in Action: How You Can Achieve Great Relationships and Results
• It's My Pleasure: The Impact of Extraordinary Talent and a Compelling Culture
• Alive at Work: The Neuroscience of Helping Your People Love What They Do
• Developing the Leader Within You 2.0
• Leadership for Health Professionals: Theory, Skills, and Applications
• Health Promotion & Education Research Methods: Using the Five Chapter Thesis/ Dissertation Model
• Leaders Made Here: Building a Leadership Culture (The High Performance Series)