BizStore » Books » Mindfulness for Bipolar Disorder: How Mindfulness and Neuroscience Can Help You Manage Your Bipolar Symptoms
BizStore » Book
Mindfulness for Bipolar Disorder: How Mindfulness and Neuroscience Can Help You Manage Your Bipolar Symptoms
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: New Harbinger Publications
Manufacturer: New Harbinger Publications
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 216
Publication Date: 2015-05-01
Publisher: New Harbinger Publications
Studio: New Harbinger Publications
In Mindfulness for Bipolar Disorder, psychiatrist and neuroscientist William R. Marchand provides an innovative, breakthrough program based in neuroscience and mindfulness practices to help you find relief from your bipolar symptoms.
If you have bipolar disorder, you may experience feelings of mania or high energy, followed by periods of depression and sadness. These unusual shifts in mood, energy, and activity levels can make it extremely difficult to carry out day-to-day tasksand ultimately reach your goals. Finding balance may be a daily struggle, even if you are on medication or in therapy. So, what else can you do to start feeling better?
Mindfulnessthe act of present moment awarenessmay be the missing puzzle piece in effectively treating your bipolar disorder. In the book, you will learn how to actively work through feelings of depression, anxiety, and stress in order to improve the quality of your life. Written by a prominent psychiatrist, neuroscientist, and mindfulness teacher who draws upon his research experience and personal mindfulness practice as a monk in the Soto Zen tradition, this book will provide you with the tools needed to get your symptoms under control.
If you’ve sought treatment for bipolar disorder but are still struggling with symptoms, mindfulness may be the missing piece to solving the bipolar puzzle and taking back your life. This book will help you get started right away.
• The Bipolar II Disorder Workbook: Managing Recurring Depression, Hypomania, and Anxiety
• The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide, Second Edition: What You and Your Family Need to Know
• The Bipolar Workbook, Second Edition: Tools for Controlling Your Mood Swings
• Loving Someone with Bipolar Disorder: Understanding and Helping Your Partner (The New Harbinger Loving Someone Series)
• Lost Marbles: Insights into My Life with Depression & Bipolar
• Take Charge of Bipolar Disorder: A 4-Step Plan for You and Your Loved Ones to Manage the Illness and Create Lasting Stability
• Bipolar, Not So Much: Understanding Your Mood Swings and Depression
• An Unquiet Mind: A Memoir of Moods and Madness
• The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook for Bipolar Disorder: Using DBT to Regain Control of Your Emotions and Your Life (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook)
• Welcome to the Jungle: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Bipolar but Were Too Freaked Out to Ask