BizStore » Books » Things That Join the Sea and the Sky: Field Notes on Living
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Sounds True
Manufacturer: Sounds True
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 264
Publication Date: 2017-11-01
Publisher: Sounds True
Release Date: 2017-11-01
Studio: Sounds True
A Reader for Navigating the Depths of Our Lives
The Universe holds us and tosses us about, only to hold us again. With Things That Join the Sea and the Sky, Mark Nepo brings us a compelling treasury of short prose reflections to turn to when struggling to keep our heads above water, and to breathe into all of our sorrows and joys.
Inspired by his own journal writing across 15 years, this book shares with us some of Mark’s most personal work. Many passages arise from accounts of his own life events—moments of “sinking and being lifted”—and the insights they yielded. Through these passages, we’re encouraged to navigate our own currents of sea and sky, and to discover something fundamental yet elusive: How, simply, to be here.
To be enjoyed in many ways—individually, by topic, or as an unfolding sequence—Things That Join the Sea and the Sky presents 145 contemplations gathered into 17 themes, each intended to illuminate specific situations.
The themes include: Unraveling Our Fear, Beyond What Goes Wrong, The Gift of Deepening, The Practice of Relationship, What Holds Us Up, Right-Sizing Our Pain, The Reach of Kindness, Burning Off What’s Unnecessary, How We Make Our Way and many more.
For those interested in either beginning or expanding their own journaling explorations, this reader also provides a guide to the practice of daily writing, with 100 compelling questions to get us started. “Joy is the sea that holds all,” writes Mark, “the Unity of Being where feelings don’t separate, but surface like waves to remind us we are alive.”
Here, he helps us swim in those waters until we are held in the mystery of their buoyancy.
• The One Life We're Given: Finding the Wisdom That Waits in Your Heart
• The Endless Practice: Becoming Who You Were Born to Be
• More Together Than Alone: Discovering the Power and Spirit of Community in Our Lives and in the World
• The Book of Awakening: Having the Life You Want by Being Present to the Life You Have
• Seven Thousand Ways to Listen: Staying Close to What Is Sacred
• The Way Under the Way: The Place of True Meeting
• How Lovely the Ruins: Inspirational Poems and Words for Difficult Times
• The Exquisite Risk: Daring to Live an Authentic Life
• On the Brink of Everything: Grace, Gravity, and Getting Old
• Inside the Miracle: Enduring Suffering, Approaching Wholeness